Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
Description of Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana (abbreviated as UPB ) is a non-profit private educational institution that has been active in scientific and academic activities since the beginning of the distant 1936 in Colombia. Now this Colombian University has its own small student campus in the city of Medellin.
It is a fairly large institution of higher education in the country, since every year there are about 24 thousand people studying there. The teaching staff of the institution is about 800 teachers of the highest category.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
Over the past years, University has consistently been included in the list of the best universities in the country (included in the TOP-20). In addition, this university is constantly easily winning back its right to one of the top positions in the TOP of the best institutions of higher education in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
For the period of study, all students can count on affordable housing in a dormitory on a student campus. In addition , there is access to a large scientific library . Sam Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana is listed as a part of various prestigious associations and groups, including associations like:
- Asociación Colombiana de Universidades (ASCUN);
- International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU);
- Asociación Universitaria Iberoamericana de Postgrado (AUIP);
- American Institue of Aeronautics and Astronautics Student Branch (AIAA);
- European Association for International Education (EAIE);
- Asociación para la Interacción Humano Computador (AIPO);
- Reunión Internacional de Grandes Redes Éléctricas (CIGRÉ);
- Institución de Aires (IRA);
- De Educación Continua de Latinoamérica y Europa ( RECLA);
- Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales (CLACSO);
- Sistema de Certificación del Español como Lengua Extranjera (SICELE).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Each year, admission of students is made by a special selection committee, which takes into account, making a decision the past performance of each applicant, as well as the results of exams. Both locals and visitors from different countries always claim places in this Colombian institution. The academic year traditionally for the country is divided into two semesters of classical size.
Education is paid, but every successful student can return some amount of tuition fee by getting a scholarship. There is a choice for students: to study full-time or remotely. In addition, both students and faculty can take part in one of the international exchange programs and get into any of the universities of the world they like. Learn more about the life and activities of the university through the official website, as well as accounts in social networks (website address http://www.upb.edu.co).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.