One of Colombia’s leading multidisciplinary higher education institutions is Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS). This is a public institution, which was founded in 1948. The Industrial University of Santander offers a large number of areas at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels with 124 academic programs, including 21 magistracies, 9 medical residencies and 6 doctoral programs. Geographically located in the city of Bucaramanga.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
In its own country, UIS is high on the list of top places. It is on the 9th place in the national ranking, and on 846 - in the international. According to the QS World University Rankings occupies 805 position. Universidad Industrial de Santander is considered one of the best universities in Colombia and Latin America. Graduates of the institution are in demand in their country and abroad.
The main campus of the Universidad Industrial de Santander is called Campus Universitario and geographically located in the northeastern part of the city. The university also has another campus in which there is a faculty of health. It is located near the city hospital.
The institution is famous for its powerful research activities. The university includes the National Center for Research in the Agrarian Industry and Tropical Medicine, 94 research laboratories, and the Main Research Center, associated with ECOPETROL, a Colombian oil company.
The school also has its own library, comfortable dormitories, its own publisher, PublicacionesUIS, a sports complex and playgrounds.
The Industrial University of Santander is a member of the following associations:
UIS is equipped with everything necessary for comfortable learning and living.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.