Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS)
Description of Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS)
One of Colombia’s leading multidisciplinary higher education institutions is Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS). This is a public institution, which was founded in 1948. The Industrial University of Santander offers a large number of areas at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels with 124 academic programs, including 21 magistracies, 9 medical residencies and 6 doctoral programs. Geographically located in the city of Bucaramanga.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS)
In its own country, UIS is high on the list of top places. It is on the 9th place in the national ranking, and on 846 - in the international. According to the QS World University Rankings occupies 805 position. Universidad Industrial de Santander is considered one of the best universities in Colombia and Latin America. Graduates of the institution are in demand in their country and abroad.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS)
The main campus of the Universidad Industrial de Santander is called Campus Universitario and geographically located in the northeastern part of the city. The university also has another campus in which there is a faculty of health. It is located near the city hospital.
The institution is famous for its powerful research activities. The university includes the National Center for Research in the Agrarian Industry and Tropical Medicine, 94 research laboratories, and the Main Research Center, associated with ECOPETROL, a Colombian oil company.
The school also has its own library, comfortable dormitories, its own publisher, PublicacionesUIS, a sports complex and playgrounds.
The Industrial University of Santander is a member of the following associations:
- Global University Network for Innovation;
- Asociación Colombiana de Universidades;
- OpenCourseWare Consortium.
UIS is equipped with everything necessary for comfortable learning and living.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To become a student at Industrial University of Santander, an applicant will need to pass a good entrance exam. It is quite difficult to enter an educational institution - ten people apply for one place. Foreign citizens can apply on a par with local residents. Tuition is considered to be inexpensive - 1000 USD / year. There is also a scholarship program for students with good academic performance.
The academic year traditionally consists of two semesters. In total there are about 10,000 students. The faculty has about 830 teachers. Education in the university can take place not only in full-time, but also remotely. The institution conducts cooperation with many international organizations and institutions. He is also a participant in the educational program for the exchange of students and teachers.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.