- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Brighton
- University of the West of England
- University of Liverpool
To get a profession in the creative industry is the dream of any young person with creative ambitions. Foreign universities have long understood that it is precisely such young people who are able to contribute to the development of the cultural environment: for this reason, universities are working hard to develop professional areas of the creative sector and have first-class academic education.
In this article, will be told about the top ranked universities in creative areas. These higher schools deserve to be chosen in order to transform the world around them through various forms of art or creativity.
One of the most popular, sought after and simply loved among students of higher schools of the creative industry. Let's see why it is so good:
- It occupies the 9th place in the UK in the direction of “Art and Design” (Complete University Guide ranking, 2020), in the specialization “Fashion and Textile” (Guardian University Guide ranking, 2020).
- It provides its students with literally unlimited opportunities for development: students of the faculty of fine arts attended such famous festivals as Liverpool Biennial and Glasgow International. Also, some of the students were involved in the Tilburg project in Holland and Kunstpodium T.
- The university has tremendous partnerships that open up excellent prospects for novice professionals. Nottingham Trent collaborates with many renowned institutions around the world - Massey University in New Zealand or the China Academy of Art, where students can come for one semester during the 2nd year of study. And these are far from all university partners!
- Graduates of the fine arts department can show their final work in one of the galleries at a special event Degree Show, where artists can lively evaluate the submitted work and give their advice.
- Another feature: along with well-known creative directions - fine art, graphic, product, textile design - the university offers integrated specializations, which are very popular in the modern world. For example, Fashion Design, Fashion Knitwear Design and Knitted Textiles, Luxury Fashion Brand Management, Design for Stage and Screen (Costume Design and Construction), Design for Stage and Screen (Design for Film and TV) and more.
Tuition: 2 semesters on the Foundation program (IELTS UKVI 5.0, at least 4.0 for each section) - 15,090 £. Most areas of the university are undergraduate.
Another university with creative directions, which should be paid attention, because its positions in the rankings speak for themselves: the direction “Art and Design” occupies the 8th place in the UK and 51st position in the world ranking (by the QS World University Rankings 2020).
What are its strengths:
- Brighton University is one of the universities that cares about the career prospects of its students, so 94.4% of graduates find work already during the first 6 months after graduation
- The implementation of the first paragraph is facilitated by the university’s extensive ties with organizations and enterprises around the world - these are more than 1,800 companies. Their representatives regularly attend university fairs in search of new and promising cadres.
- Within the walls of Brighton, many celebrities from creative professions were educated: for example, artists Payne Profitt, illustrator Cliff Wright (books of the Harry Potter universe), designer Julien MacDonald and others
- The university is the holder of a silver award recognizing the high quality of education (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017).
Tuition: 2 semesters of education on the Foundation program (IELTS UKVI 5.5, at least 4.5 in the subsections) - 15,090 £, and on the Pre-master program (IELTS UKVI 5.5, at least 5.0 in the subsections) - 15,460 £.
Another university, which can not be ignored, is focused on the architectural field of activity. UWE Bristol is ranked 6th in the UK Architecture (Guardian University Guide 2020) ranking. In addition, the university has the necessary accreditation of the architectural community Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
A few facts about this high school:
- The university has a gold award for quality teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework 2018)
- The university is on the list of the TOP-25 best educational institutions in England in terms of employment prospects for graduates: according to the latest data, about 96% of graduates are already employed or continue their studies, and 78% work directly by profession
- UWE Bristol is one of the four British universities, where there is a University Enterprise Zone - a platform for enterprises on the basis of an educational institution. UWE University can host more than 70 enterprises
- One campus recently won the Building of the Year Award
- In the final year of study, students of an architectural university can present their projects to potential employers as part of the Degree show. You can also watch student work on the Tumblr online site or in SMAPSE online showcase.
Tuition: 2 semesters of education on the Foundation program (IELTS UKVI 5.5, at least 4.5 in the subsections) - 13,780 £, on the Pre-master course (IELTS UKVI 5.5, at least 5.0 in the subsections) - 15,460 £.
Students looking for study options at the elite British association of universities Russell Group, it is recommended to pay attention to this option. The main directions of the university are not related to the creative industry, but the university offers interesting professional qualifications.
Here's what sets University of Liverpool apart from everyone else:
- This is the first university in the world where the departments of oceanography, civil design, architecture and biochemistry were formed on the basis of Johnston's laboratories.
- According to the academic ranking of world universities, the University of Liverpool is in the TOP-1% of the best universities in the world.
- The University of Liverpool is ranked 11th in the Architecture (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020).
Tuition: 2 semesters of education on the Foundation program (IELTS UKVI 5.5, at least 4.5 in subsections) - 17,080 £.
When applying for one of these programs, you can get a discount from 500 to 3,000 £ - check with SMAPSE manager for details. Please note that the cost of the undergraduate or graduate program may be changed in accordance with the policies of the university. To keep abreast of such changes - keep in touch with SMAPSE representative.