The education system of the Emirates allows you to send your child to study in the UAE at any stage of education. The UAE is known for its popular resorts, high standard of living and good career opportunities for foreign students. Studying in the UAE will open up attractive employment prospects, while academic programs in the Emirates can be chosen for every taste: from the Arab national program to prestigious British schools.
TOP-5 most important things you need to know about education in the UAE
- The state directs efforts to ensure that all expats educated in the walls of UAE schools can understand the local language, therefore, regardless of the academic program, the study of Arabic is mandatory in all schools.
- For a trip to study, a student visa is required, which, unlike many countries, is issued through an educational institution.
- All prestigious schools in the UAE are equipped with design studios, creative workshops and laboratories. Students are given the opportunity to show their scientific interests and abilities at regular fairs, festivals and conferences for young innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Do not be afraid that most students in the UAE have a male advantage, this is not so. For example, among the 15,000 students at the University of the United Arab Emirates, 80% are girls. In addition to the academic programs in the field of tourism and service that are popular among foreign students, the university offers over 70 areas of study.
- It is possible to continue studying at elite universities in the UAE for foreign students immediately after graduating from a school without additional courses, however, IELTS / TOEFL language certificate will be required.
According to recent ratings, the Emirates continue to lead in the number of international schools (511) in the Gulf region. In just 15 years, the UAE has managed to attract more than 2.75 million students from all over the world to its institutions. Along with the state program in prestigious private schools, teaching is carried out in accordance with 15 different programs of other states: Switzerland, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Great Britain, USA, India and others. 90% of students in private schools in the UAE are foreign students, so if you decide to send your child to study in the UAE, he will quickly join the ranks of schoolchildren.
In recent years, extensive educational reforms have been carried out in the country - new teaching methods have been introduced, teachers are mastering modern and experimental methods of conducting classes. Academic programs are being revised, and teaching of mathematics and science in English is introduced in public schools. In popular cities and the capital of the UAE, the choice of schools for foreign students is many times greater - the total number of schools in each emirate is:
- Dubai - 169
- Abu Dhabi - 265 public, 185 private
- Sharjah - 47
- Ajman - 9
- Ras Al Khaimah - 9
- Al Fujairah - 6
- Umm Al Quwain - 3.
46,150 $ - 69,000 $
Please note that the cost does not include additional mandatory costs:
The largest selection of schools for foreign students in Dubai and Abu Dhabi: branches of prestigious European and American networks are open here, including boarding schools that provide comfortable accommodation for students with meals like a full board. The prices for studying in UAE schools are relatively high, but it is worthwhile to understand that only the best specialists from abroad are attracted to the Emirates.
When enrolling in high school, some schools will require you to pass a test for assessing intellectual abilities or a GCSE certificate, in some cases - to pass the SAT test.
The UAE pays special attention to the quality of higher education in the country, attracting the best foreign teachers to its universities. The country's leading universities are the University of the United Arab Emirates, Zayed University and the Institute of Technology. Also in the UAE there are many professional and technical educational centers.
The cost of higher education in the UAE for foreigners
from 27,750 AED
from 162,000 AED
from 26,370 AED
Universities accepting foreign students are taught in English, Indian and Arabic. The leading areas in higher education in the Emirates are tourism, hospitality, business, architecture. Despite the fact that the majority comes to study for the purpose of successful employment in a rich country, a student visa strictly prohibits any work activity.