Each city of Ireland has its own street, on which interesting shops and cafes are located, where lovers make appointments, street musicians play, tourists are constantly walking. For example, in Dublin, this is Grafton Street, and in Galway, Shop Street. In order to fully enjoy shopping and a walk, you need to highlight the whole day: interesting and unusual things are hidden behind every door, and a sight is around every corner. By the way, this street is a great way to plunge into the Irish flavor in winter and not freeze thanks to the many shops and cafes.
Galway - the cultural heart of Ireland
Galway can be called the second (after Dublin) cultural center of the country. It was founded by 14 trading families, which left an imprint on its flavor. Every year, millions of tourists come here for reckless festivals, world famous sights, vibrant shopping, and beautiful views.
If you are planning a trip to Galway, you should definitely visit:
- Lynch’s Castle
- St. Nicholas Cathedral
- Spanish arch
- Shop Street
Shop Street is the main shopping street not only of the city, but of the entire county. It became one of the first streets in the newly created Galway, and it was almost immediately chosen by the merchants. In the mid-20th century, the flow of people increased, which is why the city authorities decided to make it pedestrian.
In addition to small shops there are also shops:
- Modern shopping centers
- Bars and Pubs
The best places of the street
Numerous street visitors believe that the best Shop Street restaurants that you should definitely visit are:
- Apoema bistro
- West restaurant
- The skeff bar
- O'Connors Pub
- Blakes bar
- Woozza Wood Fired Pizza.
In addition, walking along Shop Street, you can not turn off and enjoy:
- Saltheil Promenade
- Latin Quarter
- Air Square
- Galway Market.
- The main guests on Shop Street are street musicians who play non-stop compositions by Neil Young, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Peter Frampton and other cult stars
- Street musicians appeared here at the end of the 20th century, but not all store owners are happy with them - some write complaints to authorities
- Galway Shopping Center, the largest shopping mall in western Ireland, is located in an old building on Shop Street
- In Shop Street shops you can buy goods that are not sold anywhere else in the city: honey wine, Irish tea and rare cheeses, souvenirs from Irish crystal, local whiskey, Aran sweaters
- On the street is one of the best-preserved ancient buildings of the city - Lynch Castle, which since the 1960s has been operating as the rank of the Union of Irish Banks.
Object refers to the streets.