In Lausanne all conditions for combining study and rest are created - Swiss education has very high rankings in the international market. Attitude to foreign students is very friendly and hospitable, and studying at a foreign school gives an opportunity to expand the horizon, to immerse in the cultural and language environment. Lausanne is known for the number of historical cultural sites and amazing architecture: for example, there are the famous terrace vineyards of Lavaux, which are listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is famous for prestigious Lausanne University and a great choice of entertainment for active recreation, practicing almost any kind of sport.
Among the tourists are popular hiking or cycling through the picturesque parks, the Alps and Lake Geneva. Lausanne, like all of Switzerland, is famous for exemplary order and amazing purity.
Campuses of top schools are located in picturesque places, near a lake or at the foot of the Alps, and the exact choice depends on the personal preferences of students. Some overseas schools offer only day programs or, conversely, exclusively accommodation on a full board basis. Foreign students can study in a closed private or language school (remember that often educational institutions impose a restriction on the number of foreign students among students). The choice may depend on the desired language of instruction, but students and students can be sure that at any school in Lausanne they will receive a quality education. Graduates of Swiss schools enter the most elite and prestigious universities in Switzerland and the world: the School of Political Science in Paris, the Swiss Higher Polytechnic School of Lausanne, the University of Geneva, the University of Syracuse in New York, the University of Cambridge in the UK, the Higher School of Business and many others.
In some educational institutions there are restrictions on the number of foreign students studying at their school, but there are always a lot of interested people, therefore it is necessary to take care of applying for education in advance. To ensure that the organizational moments left only positive emotions, SMAPSE helps its clients during the preparation for the trip. On the company's website you can see a list of top schools for foreign students and choose which school suits you best.
Academic, language programs, leisure in the schools of Lausanne
In Switzerland, 4 languages are recognized as official: French, Italian, German, Romansh, and in Lausanne schools there are academic classes in 2 languages - English and French . A visit to this country promotes the practice of foreign languages: the local population is very educated and perfectly speaks several languages.
Active leisure in Switzerland is very diverse - there is a wide choice of leisure both in summer and in winter:
- Summer: windsurfing, water skiing, horseback riding, cycling
- Winter: Alpine skiing, snowboarding, skating, sledging, visiting the famous ski resorts of the Alps: Zermatt, Gstaad, Verbier and Crans Montana.
Available educational programs:
- elementary school in English;
- primary school in French;
- middle classes in English;
- middle classes in French;
- program IB;
- French Baccalaureat;
- Swiss Federal Maturite.
List of elite and popular schools in Lausanne
- Champittet College - a private school in the suburbs of Lausanne is located in a forest area near Lake Geneva. The school is accredited by the European Council of International Schools, the Association of New England Schools and Colleges, membership in the Association of Private Schools in Switzerland and the local canton of Bo. Available programs: elementary school, middle classes in English, Swiss Federal Maturite, French Baccalaureat, IB, academic French courses, and for pre-school children there is a preparatory group.
- Brillantmont International School is a private school with classical programs of American and British secondary education, in particular GCSE, A-Level, Advanced Placement. For the summer, sudents from 10 to 17 years old are offered English or French courses with an entertainment program during the course. The school is located in a green area on the shores of Lake Geneva.
- The Institut Le Rosey school supports a bilingual learning system in English and French, available programs: primary and secondary schools in both languages, the IB course and French Baccalaureat. The main building is located on the shores of Lake Geneva (where students study from January to March), and the summer campus is located in Gstaad, a small and cozy village.
- The boarding school Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne is located almost on the shores of Lake Geneva, and special attention is paid to the linguistic direction. Students have the opportunity to choose to receive a Swiss SwissMaturity Swiss passport or an International Baccalaureate (IB). Middle and senior classes are available in English