Schools in Geneva are considered to be among the best in the world: many students make their choice in favor of Swiss educational institutions when deciding to obtain international education due to the high quality of teaching, a successful location in a green area in the vicinity of the Alps and on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Students from all over the world are happy to immerse themselves in the cultural and linguistic environment of Geneva, students study with interest in the top schools in Switzerland and lead an active lifestyle. The proximity to Lake Geneva contributes to a large number of water sports and entertainment. For foreign students the following types of schools are available in Geneva:
Some schools offer full board accommodation on campus with other students (but there are age restrictions), and a full-time course is also often offered.
Tuition for language courses
Switzerland is a unique place for learning foreign languages, as there are language courses available not only in English, but also in French, Italian, German. There are 4 official languages in the country, and almost every local lives perfectly speaking in English. Accordingly, students are completely immersed in the language environment, which helps to practice their language knowledge in real life.
How to choose the best school in Geneva
Educational institutions have their own rankings, but it is impossible to say which school in Geneva is the best - because each student has his own needs and expectations from the school. First of all, choose by the availability of interesting programs and the intensity of the educational course: each school is unique with a set of optional classes available for students, equipping the school campus. The choice of an institution can be influenced by the cost of an academic or linguistic course and residence.
All schools in Geneva have high rankings, have positive feedback from students and their parents, campuses are equipped with the most modern equipment.
Education in an educational institution can be combined with sports: football, horse riding, tennis, basketball, volleyball, swimming, golf, rowing, dancing, rugby, yoga, field hockey, climbing wall, archery, rafting and others. You can combine lessons with creative activities: the art of photography, chorus, drawing, artistic modeling, design, classes in a music studio, cooking. In Switzerland schools, during the education of the main program, you can additionally engage in profile subjects - these include:
- international relationships;
- theatrical art;
- Information Technology;
- art photography and others.
List of top schools for foreign students
- The School Du Leman School in Geneva offers a wide range of educational programs for students, which are taught in English and French: primary school, middle school, GCSE, A-Level, International Baccalaureate (IB), French Baccalaureate, Swiss Federal Maturite, Spanish courses for the summer, summer programs with a scientific bias. The school is considered prestigious and elite due to the high quality of education and a large selection of programs; age of students from 12 to 19 years old, full board accommodation is available.
- The Lycee Tophfer offers year-round education for students from 16 to 18 years old under the French Baccalaureate program, the campus is located in the picturesque place of Florissant. The education is conducted in French, but in addition students can learn many other foreign languages: Spanish, Italian, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Arabic, French. Academic and language classes can be combined with sports training.
- The International House Geneva School is accredited by the British Council, the educational Swiss agency EDUQUA and the exam board of Edexcel. It has a large selection of linguistic programs designed for students from 15 years: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, preparation for the DELF exam. Students studying at the International House Geneva school receive quality education abroad, and the trip here brings a lot of pleasure and joy.
SMAPSE is a partner of leading foreign schools and works with them not as an intermediary, but as a direct partner, so the company's customers do not pay a commission for entering the school. The employees of the company are ready to help with the choice of the school and further admission.