When you have decided to give your child education abroad during summer holidays, then there are several criteria for choosing the most suitable place. All these conditions, as well as a very high standard of living, are successfully combined in one European country: it is widely known as the birthplace of high-quality things designed to emphasize the status of the owner - Switzerland.
A unique feature of this country is 4 state languages. Therefore, in Swiss language camps, schools and educational centers, foreign students can study any of these foreign languages: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
There are several dozens of language camps in Switzerland that offer a variety of programs: a camp with in-depth study of foreign languages, language schools "foreign language + sports", where students can engage in football, basketball, rock climbing, tennis, swimming, etc. In addition, it can be a camp with a thematic focus - for example, dedicated to dancing, theater or painting, related to design, fashion and music.
Children's language camps in Switzerland work not only in summer, but also throughout the year: you can choose the right course in winter (December-February) and spring (March-May).
Swiss language camps for children, schoolchildren, teenagers and students are distinguished by a high level of education and living conditions. Almost every school in terms of service level is equal with a good European hotel: a vast territory, convenient campus infrastructure, cozy residences (or hospitable host families), balanced meals at full board, various sports grounds and much more.
With all the variety of options it is important to choose a language school that will meet all the necessary standards (quality education, a full rest), and most importantly - it will suit your child! If a young student feels comfortable in the chosen educational institution, then his vacation here will not only be very productive, but also fun.
SMAPSE specialists have many years of experience in the selection of language camps for children and teenagers abroad, so you can always contact SMAPSE and get a free consultation with our managers. To begin with, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with our list of TOP-15 best language camps in Switzerland, which have proven themselves among foreign students. This ranking is based on feedback from children who have studied in each of them, as well as their parents. Agree, the first-hand information is always the most reliable.
So, here are the best Swiss language camps that will perfectly suit unforgettable holidays abroad:
- College Du Leman Summer Camp. The summer language school is located in the French-speaking part of the country, so English and French are available to study here. This famous summer camp is a branch of the popular network of educational centers of the Nord Anglia Education Group, which place high demands on each of its educational centers.
- Institut Monte Rosa Summer Camp - language courses for children and teenagers from 6 to 18 years old, which are organized on the basis of the prestigious Swiss school Ecole Lemania. Since 1874, students come here every year from all over the world.
- Les Elfes Summer camp. This Swiss classic camp, which is located in the picturesque area of the spa town of Verbier. In addition to the English language, which is considered as basic, students can also learn German, French or Spanish by choice.
- Surval School Montreux Summer Camp. The School of Surval School Montreux is one of the most prestigious and best boarding schools for girls, so in the summer time students from 11 to 16 years old study French or English.
- Institut auf dem Rosenberg Summer Camp. The summer language camp in Switzerland is organized on the basis of one of the oldest educational institutions of the country - Institut auf dem Rosenberg. This educational institution in its approach harmoniously combines traditions and modern interactive education formats, so it is interesting to learn about children, teenagers and schoolchildren from 6 to 18 years old.
- Summer camp Institut Le Rosey. Initially, the Le Rosey School was created only for boys - only in 1967 a co-educational format was organized here. During the academic year, more than 400 foreign students study at the Institut Le Rosey, learn two languages - French and English. For the summer vacation period the program is similar, only a little more time for rest and fun is provided.
- Haut-Lac International Language School - international language school Haut Lac with a campus at the very foot of the Swiss Alps. Here, children of 8-17 years can perfectly spend their holidays studying one of the European languages in an international environment (English, French or German), and also have fun on the mountain slopes or doing other extreme sports.
- Brillantmont International School Summer Camp. The educational institution, located in Lausanne, offers its students one of the best in the educational market options for an exciting summer vacation. The language school for children from 10 to 17 years is organized in the territory of one of the leading Swiss educational institutions - Brillantmont International School. Within the summer program, English and French are available.
- Altitude International Camp. The camp is perfect for those who want to spend the summer in one of the most beautiful places in Switzerland, improve command of English or French, and make many new friends. In addition to boarding (boarding house with accommodation), a full-time course is available at the school, which is quite convenient if the parents also have the opportunity to come to Verbier for business or leisure.
- Beau Soleil College Summer Camp. This famous Swiss school organizes summer camps for international students of all ages (7 to 17 years) since its inception in 1910. A balanced program will allow students to devote sufficient time to both study and rest, including sports or creative pursuits.
- Summer camp Cran Montana - here summer holidays will be a real adventure for your child! In addition to the excellent location with chic scenery, the view from which opens from the campus, the school is carefully engaged in the formation of healthy habits among its students. During studying, a lot of physical activity is provided, and the forces will maintain a healthy balanced diet.
- Alpadia Zug - language summer camp of an international format in the German-speaking part of the country. College Campus Michael, where the summer language school is based, is located a few kilometers from Zurich, and within walking distance there is a beautiful promenade. Learned languages are German and English.
- Village Camps Leysin. This language school for children and teenagers is located right on the territory of a popular Swiss resort. On summer vacations here come to improve their command of English or French to 180 children from different countries.
- SLC Swiss Language Club Leysin is the Swiss branch of the popular network of SLC educational centers. The language camp offers an effective and exciting summer vacation program for students from 10 to 18 years old, who can choose studying French or German.
- Ecole International La Garenne is a private school founded by the Mean family in 1947. In summer, the school accepts children from 6 to 14 years old, offering courses in English and French, as well as an exciting excursion program and outdoor activities!