Gozo is one of the Maltese islands that has been loved by tourists from all over the world: its picturesque beaches, clear sea, historical and cultural monuments attract thousands of kilometers. Going to Gozo, rent a car - so you can see the island in all its glory. If you can’t rent a car, choose coastal cities for a stop - Xlendi and Marsalforn - they are located on the coastline, are pleased with numerous cafes and other tourist sites.
There are dozens of them: along with architectural and other cultural monuments, the sights are amazing beaches. Gozo is a whole kaleidoscope of beautiful and fascinating objects, emotions.
- The Citadel: it is a series of open-air museums and museums in enclosed spaces - the main monuments are the Armory, the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and a former prison with a long history
- 4 watchtowers: Xlendi, San Blas, Mgarr ix-Xini and Dweira - they defended the approaches to the cities
- Miraculous springs on the rock of General (it is open for tourists)
- Chabray: this is a fort built in 1794, which was supposed to replace the old fortress, but this did not happen. Now the fort is a residential facility and is actively being built up
- Ggantija: These temples, built about 5500 years ago, are the oldest detached buildings.
- The coast of Dweira: there are several interesting objects on it - a natural arch leading to the closed sea, and the Rock of General - according to legend, miraculous mushrooms grew on the rock, which were forbidden to harvest on pain of death
- Ramla Hamra coast: it is famous for its reddish sand beach, as well as a legend. According to the legend, near the coast of Calypso Odysseus was held captive when he had tried to get to Ithaca
- The coast of Dahlet Orrot: the legend of a hermit traveling between the islands of the Maltese archipelago on cloak is associated with it
- Mgarr ix-Xini Valley: includes a pebble beach at the mouth of the valley in the form of a curved letter S
- Lunziata Valley: this is the only valley in Malta with a stream that does not dry all year round - the entrance to the valley goes through the magnificent gates erected by the Johannites, and an ancient fountain and chapel are built in the valley
- Other natural attractions: Milah and Asri valleys, Cape Ekka, Nuffara Hill, Hondok ir Rumin Bay - there are many interesting natural places on Gozo that are hard to take your eyes off!
- Chapel of St. Dmitry: was built in the 18th century in honor of St. Dmitry, about which many legends go in Malta.
- Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady: this is the main religious place of the island, was built in the 17-18th centuries.
- Shevkiy Church: a large church erected in the village of the same name, because of the shape of the dome which is called the "rotunda".
- Sanctuary of Ta Pinu: was built at the beginning of the 20th century on the site where the Holy Virgin was a local resident.
- Ta Cola Mill: A wing mill was built in the 18th century and privately leased.
Many diving enthusiasts go to the island of Gozo for the sake of the inner sea and the cleanest bay near the resort of Xlendi - there are an abundance of equipped diving clubs with experienced instructors, and equipment rental is possible. The water off the coast of Xlendi is incredibly clear, similar to spring water.
The optimal time for visiting the island is from July to October: air temperature reaches 30 degrees, water - up to 25 degrees.
- The population of the island is 31,000 people.
- Gozo is called "Calypso Island" and "Sister Island".
- You can get to Gozo by ferry from the Maltese city of Chirkevva (travel time 20-30 minutes).
- You can stay in 9 hotels of different levels or in a private villa.
The object belongs to the islands.