According to the ranking of the authoritative publication The Times Higher Education, The University of Nicosia entered the TOP 301+ universities in terms of global influence. Hundreds of universities from 76 countries of the world participated in this ranking, including such educational giants as the USA, Britain, Canada, Japan and many others.
Studies evaluating the effectiveness of educational institutions are a complex multi-stage process, which is based on a variety of factors. So, one of the most important criteria in assessing the activities of higher education institutions is the contribution to the development of the planet and society.
The edition compiled a list of the leading universities in terms of socio-economic impact, taking into account the following criteria:
- The quality of education
- How universities solve the issue of gender equality
- Responsibility in consumption and production
- The level of global partnership to achieve the objectives
- Following the principles of justice, peace, tolerance
- Creating an enabling environment for decent work and economic growth
- Active in matters of innovation, environmental protection, etc.
Thus, the compilers of the ranking consider the university’s actions to create conditions that will lead to a bright future for people on the planet. It is the solution of global problems, such as the fight against social inequality, climate deterioration, poverty, that has become a guide for the compilers of the ranking. By almost all criteria, The University of Nicosia meets the highest standards.