Sofia Technical University was founded in 1953. The original name is the Institute of Mechanical Engineering. The institution got its modern name in 1995.
Sofia Technical University is the largest technical educational institution in Bulgaria, one of the ten largest universities in the country. The main campus is located in Sofia, with branches in Plovdiv and Sliven.
The university is recognized as a leader in preparation of specialists in the field of virtual engineering, energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental engineering, design and engineering. Today, 20,000 students are studying at 11 faculties of the Technical University.
The university received accreditation and became a member of the European Association of Higher Education Quality Assurance Agencies. On the basis of the educational institution, the Community of Friends of the Technical University is organized. The main goal is the promotion and development of spiritual values of society, education and modern technologies.
The university offers accommodation in 10 dormitories, 3 of which are located in close proximity to the academic building, and the remaining 7 are located on the campus. Two hostels are designed to accommodate family students: at their disposal are blocks consisting of rooms, sanitary facilities and a kitchen for several families.
On-site dormitories are being monitored around the clock. The rooms are equipped with furniture, adjustable heating system, air conditioning.
The campus consists of 14 buildings: educational buildings, dormitories, administration buildings, university publishing houses, an information resources center, a language center and a sports complex.
On the basis of the university work:
The structure of the university includes:
For students and their families there is a recreation center in close proximity to the sea.
All classrooms of the university are equipped with furniture, appliances, a heating system, thanks to which the temperature is automatically regulated depending on the weather.
Education at the Technical University of Sofia begins in September. Some doctoral programs can be started year-round.
In addition to paying for tuition, students must calculate the budget for food, accommodation and travel to the academic building if his dormitory is on campus.
In order to become a student of Technical University of Sofia, an applicant must provide:
If the applicant has chosen to study in English, French or German, he must provide a certificate confirming the knowledge of the language at a sufficient level.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.