To learn English abroad is best in the country where it is adopted at the state level. Canada falls into the list of such foreign countries and is popular with foreign students. Vacation schools and camps in Canada are not only linguistic, but thematic: adventure, sports or creative.
Studying at a summer school in Canada for students from all over the world is not only an opportunity to improve the ability to speak a foreign language; abroad, young people can brightly and enthrallingly spend time, make new acquaintances with people from different countries and get a new experience of communication in the international environment.
Studies and rest in summer schools in Canada: prestigious and popular camps
Most of the summer schools in Canada builds the learning process in such a way that the development of language skills passed not only during academic studies, but also throughout the day, in the context of real life situations. For this purpose, students organize the work of sports and creative sections, and in the evenings they conduct entertaining activities, such as talent shows, discos, debates, productions and much more.
Within the framework of the academic program, foreign students work out the main aspects of a foreign language: writing, reading, speaking, listening. Very popular among the students of summer schools are combined programs that combine with the study of English or French language additional activities: debates club, book club, theatrical section.
- Wynchemna Vancouver. The summer school is organized by the same name company, which develops and conducts educational vacation programs for students on the basis of various Canadian institutions. In Vancouver, the language camp is located on the territory of the University of British Columbia. In the summer months, students from ages 13 to 21 come here to study. Since the study and accommodation of participants in the summer school takes place on the campus of the university, the students can easily feel the atmosphere of the Canadian students. The studying load in the summer school of Wynchemna Vancouver will be up to 20 academic hours per week. For the convenience of all students are divided into mini groups of 5-6 people. Beginning is possible with any level of knowledge from Beginner to Advanced.
- Summer school University of Toronto, summer camp University of Toronto. The university itself has the status of the best university in Canada in its specialization - applied sciences and research work. Summer language camp here is held during the holidays - from July to August. The duration of training programs is 3-4 weeks. You can start learning with any English skills, so the school is perfect for students with poor language knowledge, and for students with a good level. In the summer school of the university there are 2 age categories of students: 12-14 years and 15-18 years. Therefore, the educational courses are offered different: standard program, preparation for international examinations or studying English for studying abroad.
- Columbia International College of Canada. This elite private board is now recognized as one of the best and top schools in Canada. The summer school program is designed for students from 9 to 18 years, the minimum duration of education is 4 weeks. The studying load for each week is 15-20 academic hours (1 lesson = 55 minutes). To start the study, any level from elementary to advanced will suit. In addition to academic studies, the students of the school can devote time to physical activity or circles of creativity, as well as to join the excursion program. The cultural and entertainment program takes more than 10 days out of 4 weeks of education!
- Appleby College. This is one of the oldest and leading private schools in Canada, which throughout the year teaches students from 12 to 16 years. The Appleby College has an advanced equipment in technical issues and is in the lead not only in the country, but also among the world schools in computerizing the educational process. Even in the summer months, the best teachers are taught here, and for the quality education of students all the necessary conditions are created: comfortable classrooms, a spacious school territory, sports facilities - the campus infrastructure at the highest level! Here you can study not for any one program, but choose from several dozen courses depending on your educational goals.
- Trinity College School. One of the summer educational programs of the language center Canadian International Student Services Inc (CISS) is held in Toronto on the basis of the prestigious higher school Trinity College. During the school year, students from 14 to 18 years of age are invited to study in different directions: general language studying, intensive study program and so on. The minimum duration of study is 2 weeks. The campus of the university is recognized as one of the best in the city: presentable educational buildings, cozy and comfortable residences, park areas, sports facilities and much more.
This is not a complete list of top-end summer schools in Canada - a complete list you can find on SMAPSE website.
Tuition fees in the language schools in Canada for the summer
The cost of studying in Canadian vacation schools in Canada is a quarter less than in the same United States. The average price for a stay, and such a language school within 2 weeks will be about 2,000 - 3,000 CAD $. This amount does not include additional costs, such as the preparation of documentation (medical insurance and visa), the purchase of air tickets and pocket expenses for the period of study. Typically, the cost of a foreign summer school includes: the educational process and payment for the teaching staff, accommodation (usually a residence, sometimes a host family), duration of studies (2 to 4 weeks), extracurricular program (social events + excursions).