GLS Berlin Riverside Language School is one of the campuses of the famous German language school GLS. It is located in the Tegel area north of the center of Berlin. The building and residence of GLS Berlin Riverside are located in a picturesque park area on the bank of the Havel River. The center of Berlin from the school there is no more than 25 minutes drive. In their free time from studies for teenagers, walks around the city are organized with sightseeing, visiting cultural places, shopping.
Students can find a lot of interesting in the Tegel area, where the school is located. Here you can visit the ancient palace, the temple, stroll along the picturesque boulevard, take a boat ride on the lake.
Brief information. Summer German courses for those who want to improve their language skills and get acquainted with the culture and sights of Germany.
About the course. A two-week standard German course for teenagers provides for a moderate academic load. In the classroom, students learn general vocabulary, grammar, practice in listening, reading, writing. Communicative skills teenagers develop during discussions, seminars, thematic meetings. Also, extra-curricular program contributes to language progress. Communication in an informal environment allows you to consolidate the knowledge gained in the lessons.
Students age: 14-17 years
Start dates: June 28, 2013 August 16, 2015
Requirements for enrollment: German is not lower than beginner
Result Learning: improving German, developing speaking, communicative skills
Class size: up to 12 people
Lesson duration: 45 minutes
Cost: Two weeks - 1550 euros, 3 weeks - 2290 Euro, each subsequent week - 740 Euro.
The price includes the services of language school specialists, entrance and final testing, certificate, teaching materials, full board (meals 3 times a day, accommodation in Rooms for 3-5 students), extracurricular program (2 times a week), 2 excursions per week, transfer at the set time from the airport and back, 24-hour supervision for children .
In GLS Berlin Riverside students are accommodated in a cozy residence in rooms for 3-5 people. Each room has a bathroom, shower. In general, there are rest rooms. Three meals per day are offered in the camp.
Extra-curricular program at the GLS Berlin Riverside provides daily activities. These include thematic meetings, parties, discos, barbecues, competitions, quizzes, walks and sports days. The program also provides a wide range of excursions. Every day, students, thanks to the convenient location of the school, can get acquainted with the sights of Berlin. Twice a week there are field trips to neighboring cities.
Daily schedule includes 4 German lessons, daytime extracurricular activities and evening entertainment. One day a week is an excursion.
The camp provides equipped classrooms, computer class. Also on the campus there is a residence, there is a student cafe, several equipped barbecue areas, a stage for concerts and events. The school also has its own picturesque garden. Sports infrastructure is represented by a gym and volleyball field.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.