The choice of many people falls on the United States, and this is not for a reason - America provides first-class higher education and a large number of interesting bachelor's and master's programs. In addition, students have the opportunity to study in the most important university centers of the country: Boston in Massachusetts, New York, California.
The United States offers students from all over the world to get an education in the field of journalism. Almost every university in the country provides a chance to study in this area. Journalism is a serious field of activity that requires people to take a responsible approach.
Why should you study in the United States as a journalist?
- TOP universities, a huge selection of additional areas in the field of journalism
- High standard of living and great prospects in work
- Flexible university tuition plan
- Availability of scholarships.
Advantages of working as a journalist
- Respected, highly paid and interesting profession
- Connecting with people around the world
- Opportunity to travel and get a job abroad
- Career growth and relevance
What qualities do you need to work as a journalist?
- Responsibility in work
- Respect for others and their lives
- Creativity, kindness and hard work.
Admission option 1: University of Tampa
The University of Tampa is a prestigious university in the state of Florida, which has gained worldwide fame and a good reputation. The university has extensive educational experience and offers quality academic programs.
Why study at the university?
- Excellent academic preparation and personal qualities development
- Gaining experience and social skills
- Internships, seminars and master classes with specialists
- Large area with good infrastructure
- Wide range of exchange programs
- Financial assistance – grants and scholarships.
Admission option 2: Southern Connecticut State University
A modern university in America, offering undergraduate and graduate programs in journalism.
Advantages of studying at Southern Connecticut State University:
- Prestigious and famous university
- Own methodological and educational developments
- Large research base
- Highly qualified teachers
- High level of equipment.
Additional clubs of interest at the university for future journalists:
- Vocals and singing, musical directions, oratory
- Playing in the orchestra, radio station
- Media and information structures
- Television station
- Theatre, acting.
- Communication disorders
- English in Journalism
- Information and library science
- Political science
- Social work and sociology
- World Languages and Literature.
Admission option 3: Louisiana State University
The Shorelight Education Group is a new type of collaboration between the world's universities aimed at the global education market. It's a partnership that aims to become a multinational corporation. The main mission of the Shorelight Partner Program is to gather modern educational leaders and innovative programs that will meet the needs of the next generations. In addition, the educational network is engaged in the development, development and financing of new highly specialized courses.
Strong areas at the university are architecture, music, theater, humanities and journalism.
Among the graduates of the university are winners of the Oscar, world-famous architects and journalists. Students work for companies such as Gerber, Nestlé, Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang, DreamWorks Animation, CNN, Nike, Ernst & Young, Deloitte LLP, Shell.
The partners of the courses include the following higher education institutions, where you can enter journalism:
- SHORELIGHT AMERICAN University
- SHORELIGHT AUBURN University
- SHORELIGHT Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM)
- SHORELIGHT University of Central Florida.
Admission option 4: INTO University of South Florida
INTO University Partnerships is a unique project that unites INTO preparatory centers with leading foreign universities. INTO offers a wide range of academic programs specifically designed to prepare for admission to American universities, to adapt students to life and study abroad. After successful completion of the preparatory program, students will be able to be guaranteed to enter prestigious foreign universities or immediately in the second year of study in partner universities INTO.
The University of South Florida offers education in the following areas:
- Technology Management
- hotel management
- Social sciences
- Arts and sciences
- Media & Communications
The institution is a major research center.
Through a similar program, you can also consider the following American universities:
- INTO Marshall University
- INTO Suffolk University
- INTO Washington State University.
Option 5: Widener University
It is the largest provider of preparatory programs and English language courses, which has developed a number of special measures of financial support for foreign students intending to receive higher education in US universities. Having entered the preparatory courses, you will be able to successfully enter the university under the program.
Faculties at Widener University:
- Communication Research
- Digital Media Information
- English, French
- International Business
- Political science
- Social work
- Performing arts.
Pros to study at the university:
- TOP university of the country with interesting programs
- Qualified specialists
- Financial assistance — scholarship 17 000 $/year.
You can also consider as an option Long Island University Brooklyn through the same courses from STUDY GROUP.
As options for guaranteed admission to American universities for journalism can be evaluated:
- CEG ONCAMPUS Texas at University of North Texas
- KAPLAN Northeastern University
- KAPLAN Pace University.
With an American journalism degree, you can work as:
- Rewriter, rewriter, speechwriter
- Content Manager, SMM Manager, PR Manager
- Specialist in internal communications.
- Announcer, journalist, media planner
- Literary and music critic
- Editor, Press Secretary
- Architect of transmedia products.