- Benefits of British universities
- Studying art in the UK
- Creative majors in British universities
- Top UK Universities to Study Art
A Guide to Creative Universities in the UK provides insight into the arts, design and music studies in the UK.
Benefits of British universities
Studying art in the UK is a sought-after direction among international students. You can get higher education here in the oldest colleges and universities for undergraduate and graduate programs. Britain is known as a major center for culture and the arts, and its creative departments have a reputation for being the best.
Benefits of studying at British universities:
- Graduates are in high demand in their field, most young specialists find work less than six months after graduation
- You will find a wide range of courses in your specialty
- Many bachelor's programs will last only three years, master's programs - 1 year
- The starting salary for young professionals is one of the highest in the world
- Universities work closely with universities around the world and large companies, thanks to which students have a good internship
- The infrastructure of universities includes creative workshops, film studios, rehearsals, industry equipment, sports infrastructure
- Famous artists studied at universities in Britain: fashion designers Stella McCartney and John Galliano, designer Tom Karen, sculptor and animator Sean Hedges-Queen, Jimmy Choo and many others.
Studying art in the UK
The Bachelor of Arts degree is versatile and covers a wide range of specialties. It opens doors to a wide variety of creative areas: journalism, pedagogy, librarianship, art. UK university graduates go on interesting and paid internships that expand their creative portfolio. British programs in Dance, Design, Music provide a solid foundation for a career as a professional dancer and choreographer.
Master's courses in art, design and music last 1-2 years. They will help you delve deeper into your specialty, gain applied knowledge and improve your qualifications.
Creative majors in British universities
There is a high competition for creative programs, so applicants must be well prepared: dancers must master several dance styles, soloists must have vocal or acting skills. Dance Arts and Design programs offer the following specializations:
- Dance art
- Dance technique
- Improvisation and composition
- Theater and dance
- Graphic design
- The photo
- 3D design
- Writing skills
Top UK Universities to Study Art
- The University of Oxford is the oldest English-speaking university in the world and is ranked among the best in international rankings. The popular Fina Art BFA program at the university lasts three years and offers studio-based training: students are divided into groups and work in practical studios.
- The University of East Anglia is a prestigious multidisciplinary university with a strong creative school. The direction "Arts and Humanities" is represented by the following areas: world art, drama, television, literature. Cost - from 15 300 £ per year for undergraduate programs.
- University College London is a top university offering a four-year BFA program with majors in fine arts, sculpture, media. All course instructors are practicing specialists.
- Goldsmiths, University of London - on a three-year program of the university, students study contemporary art, develop analytical thinking and professional skills. From the first day, students study in studios. The university specializes in photography, painting, sculpture, fashion, video production, performing arts and others.
- Newcastle University - in 2020, the Fine Art BA Hons program was ranked second in the Complete University Guide and third in the Guardian University Guide. The duration of the program is 4 years, during which students will receive practical, professional, theoretical and intellectual skills in painting and related fields.
- The Moray House School of Education is part of the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. Students can choose a Master's degree in Dance Science and Education.
- Queen Mary University of London is the largest college of the University of London with the strongest drama department. The cost of training will be about £ 4950 per semester.
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David - The university's painting program was ranked first in the UK by student ratings. Students study studio art, the features of art in the digital age, and the process of creating artwork.
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland School of Music is a renowned Royal Conservatory with strong programs in music such as Master of Arts (Piano for Dance).
- Aberystwyth University . The duration of most creative undergraduate programs is 3 years, you can study applied arts and art history.