The oil and gas industry is one of the most prestigious and promising for higher education. Work in this area is highly paid and allows you to work anywhere in the world. Let's talk about Spain, the reasons for its popularity among future oil workers and the most suitable universities for these purposes.
Features of studying oil and gas programs
Petroleum engineers make a great contribution to the economic development of countries and to the environment. Oil and gas engineers solve the following tasks:
- Prospecting and evaluation of deposits
- Development of cost-effective and safe ways to exploit natural resources
- Analysis of mining conditions, rock nature, pressure
- Selection of mining methods
- Estimation of operating costs
- Restoration of the territory upon completion of drilling operations.
Depending on what tasks are solved by specialists, there are several types of engineers:
- drilling technicians dealing with technical issues of drilling
- developers who are responsible for finding the best ways to mine
- production engineers engaged in the development of deposits
- specialists of the oil and gas pipeline are engaged in the operation of the main lines.
The minimum requirement for work in this specialty is a bachelor's degree in the field of oil production. Good knowledge in mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics is of great importance. Most undergraduate programs last four years and involve the following disciplines:
- Physical processes of mining
- Oil and Gas Production
- Gas and oil production technologies.
Best programs in oil and gas industry at universities in Spain
Universities in Spain offer a narrow specialty at the bachelor's level or general technical education. Young professionals often continue their education at the master's level in order to get a higher position. The duration of the magistracy is 1-2 years.
Geneva Business School in Barcelona Offers Education in the Program "Management in the Oil and Gas Industry". Quality education and equipped interactive campuses will allow you to get a large-scale experience. The Business School's MBA program focuses on energy trading issues, with graduates gaining the necessary skills to take leadership positions in the international energy industry.
Bircham International University's Master's programme focuses on the study of engineering design of drilling reservoirs. The program is practice-oriented and prepares students for responsible work in managerial positions.