The US education system is built in such a way that universities are interested in employing their graduates. Therefore, each university is very proud of its partners, that is, corporations and companies that accept current students for internships and then employ them.
To choose a university, you need to look at the faculties that it offers, at the rating of these particular faculties and at what companies the university works with. Tuition fees will vary depending on the location and faculty.
Also, remember that due to the difference in education systems (in the US, students study up to grade 12), we cannot enter the first year of universities immediately after our school.
- To pass the national entrance exam, which will be time consuming for a Russian, the cost of a special tutor for this and understanding the structure of tasks, since we do not study using this system.
- Apply for the preparatory year at the chosen university. Before the main undergraduate studies, the universities of America conducts a preparatory Pathway program (International Year One) for all international students, it lasts a year and counts as a first course.
According to the program, students from different countries are "taught to learn" according to a new education system for them, they are introduced to the course of where to go with problems, how to send homework, how to defend projects. The course also includes academic English classes and some general introduction subjects to the chosen program. The Pathway program is a 100% guarantee of admission to the undergraduate program of the university. Naturally, it is necessary to show high motivation and good academic performance there, but after this program the student progresses immediately to the second year of the university.
The approximate cost of universities in New York starts at USD 60,000 per year, including accommodation, meals, insurance and study materials. Further, the cost is influenced by the chosen faculty and rating.
When you are ready to begin enrollment in the International Year One or directly to the university (if you have the results of the entrance tests SAT, GMAT/GRE), you can apply to universities one year before the start of the program. There is no need to wait for you to receive a certificate or pass IELTS / TOEFL / Duolingo.
First, the primary package of documents is sent:
- Motivation letter
- Statement of grades for the last three years
- Certificate for 9 grades + extract of current grades for grade 10 (bachelor's degree, if you are applying for a master's degree)
- Diplomas and certificates for extracurricular activities
- Sponsor's consent to pay for tuition
- Financial statement from the bank from the sponsor's account
- Discharge of vaccinations
- Electronic color photo in jpg format. or jpeg.
Further, the university considers your application, and you will need to confirm the offer (order) and pay the deposit. And only after that you can be sure that a place in the university is assigned to you!