- Benefits of studying in Miami:
- Learning stages in the USA
- Pre-school education in the USA
- Secondary school education in America
- Preparatory programs for American schools
- Higher and graduate education in the USA
- US language schools for foreign students
- Summer camps in sunny Miami
- Examples of educational institutions in Miami for foreign students
Miami has been attracting foreign students for study and recreation for many years now with its location on the Atlantic coast - this small town belongs to the state of Florida, where the sun shines almost all year round. The place is rich in entertainment and beaches, because most often foreign students choose short-term educational programs: language schools or summer camps . Among long-term courses, senior classes, pre-university courses and higher education are distributed.
In America, there are 2 types of schools: public and private: educational standards in public schools are developed by the government of the state of Florida, but private schools have the right to independently draft curricula. In the US, such a division of powers between states is taken at the federal level - and it should be noted that the number of private schools is smaller and the competition for admission is higher.
Benefits of studying in Miami:
- American high quality education system;
- beach holidays;
- great choice of entertainment;
- access to water sports;
- prestigious and elite education;
- program for students with poor knowledge of English.
Learning stages in the USA
Foreign students can start or continue studying in America at any stage:
- preschool education;
- primary classes;
- middle classes;
- high school;
- pre-university courses;
- doctoral studies.
Additional language programs:
- linguistic courses;
- summer camps.
Pre-school education in the USA
In kindergartens and centers with children aged 3-6 years, educators and teachers are engaged: taking into account the characteristics of upbringing, they instill good manners, engage in general development. Education is carried out in the game: children learn to write and read, go in for sports, teachers motivate them for further schooling (some kindergartens have religious classes).
Secondary school education in America
In the US, the education system provides 12 classes of education for American students and foreign students. The school program is divided into several stages:
- Primary school starts from 5-7 years;
- middle classes - from 11 to 14 years;
- senior classes - from 14-18 years.
In addition to studying compulsory subjects, schools support the aspirations of students to engage in additional activities: sports, music, chess, foreign languages, painting, dancing, and more.
Additional core subjects:
- modern and world literature;
- computer literacy, programming, informatics;
- work in the editorial office of the school newspaper.
Preparatory programs for American schools
Pre-university courses are important for successful admission to universities: the programs help to lay a good foundation of academic and linguistic knowledge, since the curriculum includes subjects that are studied at the first courses of universities. Foreign students do not have the opportunity to enter the American university immediately after the end of the 11th grade, so the passage of the preparatory courses is compulsory if the teenager does not attend an international school. Types of preparatory courses in Miami:
- specialized preparatory courses
- University Pathway Program.
- Pre-medical Program - medical terminology, anatomy, genetics, microbiology, introduction to sports medicine, physiology
- Pre-law Program - law, business law, criminal and constitutional law, international judicial law, advocacy
- Pre-engineering Program - architecture, digital electronics, the fundamentals of engineering, design, introduction to engineering design.
Higher and graduate education in the USA
The stages of study in universities:
- doctoral studies.
Popular destinations for higher education in Miami:
- tourism, hotel management;
- business administration;
US language schools for foreign students
On the linguistic courses, most of the time students devote themselves to learning a foreign language, and in their free time they travel, get acquainted with the sights of the city, make new acquaintances and have fun. The main focus of the school is on speaking with the aim of breaking the language barrier so that students can further practice their language skills in communicating with native speakers.
Miami is also chosen for education in order to prepare for language exams:
Additional language programs:
- business English;
- individual lessons with the teacher;
- English courses for work;
- academic English courses;
- English for beginners.
Summer camps in sunny Miami
Linguistic classes can be combined with additional sports or creative activities. Optional lessons:
- acting skills;
- academic subjects;
- astrophysics and much more.
The school administration tries to make a diverse and fascinating leisure: students travel a lot, attend excursions, participate in entertainment and cognitive activities, go in for outdoor sports.
Examples of educational institutions in Miami for foreign students
- Academia Sánchez-Casal Florida deservedly is considered one of the most prestigious and sought-after professional tennis schools in Europe and the world: its graduates become prize-winners and winners of the Grand Slam and other prestigious world competitions. 80% of teachers have scientific degrees (master's or doctoral degrees). Available educational programs: senior classes (15-18 years), preparation for the SAT exam (15-20 years), summer tennis academy, which includes English lessons and sports training (8-18 years).
- University of Miami - a summer camp at the university allows students from 5 to 17 years to spend their summer holidays and immerse themselves in the university environment. Students have the opportunity to combine English lessons with photography courses, acting, dancing, music, sports, espionage, astronomy or academic subjects. The cost of participation in the summer program is from 3,995 $ / 2 weeks.
- New York Film Academy South Beach, Miami - New York Academy of Motion Picture Arts in Miami, the main areas of which are filmmaking, acting. All the year round there are English and cinema courses, bachelor's and master's programs. In the summer, the Academy offers students from 10 to 17 years old to combine summer rest, learning English and cinema or acting.
- American Heritage School Plantation Florida is a private school designed for 2,400 students (foreign students are accommodated in host families). The school pays special attention to the technical equipment of students with high-quality equipment: for example, electronic textbooks, Mac computers, iPad tablets are available for students. Students from all over the world are enrolled in middle, high school and pre-university courses in different areas: medicine, law, engineering. The cost of education is from 45,000 $ / year.