Leysin is a fairly small resort town in Switzerland, but it also has world-famous schools and universities.
For example, the most popular school located in the Leysin area is Leysin American School. In this school, the learning process is based on two main programs - the American High School Diploma and the international International Baccalaureate for further obtaining a diploma. There is also an ESL program - learning English as a second language. The peculiarity of the school lies in the fact that each student receives a comprehensive program of support and development - assistance in drawing up an individual plan, additional tasks for better assimilation of the material and moral support. On the basis of Leysin American School, a consultant and a psychologist work.
Leysin American School teaches:
- Foreign languages - French, Spanish
- Mathematics, geometry, economics, information technology
- Chemistry, physics, biology
- History, geography
- Art, music, drama.
On the territory there are clubs of interest and circles:
- Playing musical instruments, jazz orchestra, choir
- Sculpture and composition, painting
- Dancing and stretching.
Many parents send their own to Swiss summer camps and language courses. In this city, these directions are quite common.
Language courses for foreign students:
Linguistic schools of Leysin take into account the needs of modern students, forming proposals for different age categories and interests.
Types of language courses for foreign students in best schools in Leysin:
- Vacation programs for children and teenagers
- Joint programs of study and rest "Parent + Child"
- Academic Language Programs
- TOEFL, SAT Preparation Courses
- Tennis camps, sports programs
- Summer Film Academy.
The cost of language courses varies from school to school. Accommodation and meal programmes are more expensive than individual language courses. On average, tuition prices at Leysin Language Centres range from CHF 1290 per week to CHF 2050 per student.
The best secondary educational institutions of Leysin include:
On the territory of the city there is also a university - Swiss Hotel Management School - University of Hotel Management.
SHMS school is one of the leaders in hotel business and management and is part of the educational association Swiss Education Group. It is an alliance of three leading educational institutions in the hospitality industry in Switzerland, which give their students significant advantages and a wide range of privileges. Twice a year, the association holds a career forum, in which international chains of hotels, resorts, airlines take part - here students of SHMS and other schools can find an internship and even a place of work after graduation.
Directions of study for international students:
- Information technology, research project
- Personal development and communication
- Marketing, marketing in the service industry, skills in restaurants
- Hotel business, restaurant service and kitchen, catering service
- Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Revenue Management, Event Management, Hotel Management
- Financial resources
- French language, economics in the field of hospitality.