The study of information technology, IT, programming for foreign students is represented by the best universities in Norway. Computer science programs provide a broad foundation in the field of IT and development, after completing the programs, the prospects of some of the most challenging, interesting vacancies in this field open.
Curricula have different specializations: in the field of system security, data science, artificial intelligence, etc. Diplomas in the field of information systems and programming provide the basis for successful employment anywhere in the world.
Norway is a great choice for international students looking for a quality IT education abroad. Public universities do not charge tuition fees: this policy applies to all international students, regardless of their nationality. Private universities maintain a high academic standard, professors are easy to contact, they are always ready to help students. Classes are held in small groups, which improves cooperation. You can choose from a wide range of programs with teaching in English, you don't have to worry about the language barrier outside of the classroom because most Norwegians speak English as a second language. Foreigners easily adapt to Norwegian society based on equality and fair opportunities, which is reflected in the legal system.
Best universities in Norway with the study of information technology
Noroff GALILEO offers a variety of study programs that evolve and adapt to the job market, including on-campus undergraduate programs and professional specialization in vocational school. Campuses are located in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansand. All Noroff educational programs are accredited by the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT), approved for student loans and grants by the Norwegian State Education Loan Foundation (Statens Lånekasse for Utdanning). In addition to managing its own university college, Noroff cooperates with foreign educational institutions, offers many online programs.
Noroff graduates are future innovators in digital technology. Students train in practice from day one, and future employers closely monitor their education. Study programs are based on the needs of the labor market.
IT programs in Noroff GALILEO
- Bachelor in Cybersecurity – teaches technologies for protecting digital systems from cyber attacks, cybercrime, digital warfare. The acquired skills will reduce digital vulnerability, practically work with IT security. Duration – 3 years.
- Applied machine learning will teach you how to work with data, make it attractive for employers, and allow you to work with AI after graduation. The course lasts 1 year.
- The Bachelor of Applied Data Sciences (3rd year) offers IT education with a focus on machine learning, artificial intelligence, and the growing global need for big data analytics. Applied Data Science allows you to master scientific methods of working with data in a practical, relevant form.
- The Diploma of Professional Education in Network, IT Security offers a practical IT education that will teach you how to prevent hacking and computer crimes. The growing need for IT security opens up great employment opportunities after graduation. Study period is 2 years.
- The Diploma of Professional Education in Network, System Administration (1 year) offers a practical education in the field of IT that will teach you how to manage networks and systems. The program focuses on Microsoft technologies, Unix, as well as on the network management infrastructure, servers with an emphasis on IT security.
- The Bachelor of Digital Forensics (3 years) offers IT education with a focus on computer security and digital crime investigation. The program will prepare for a career in digital security, forensics for law enforcement and other organizations in need of digital security.
- Diploma of Professional Education in front-end development (2 g.) – technological education, in which visual design meets coding, web design, UX design. Front-end developers are in great demand, have great opportunities for career growth after graduation.
- A professional degree in User Interface Design will prepare you to work as a UI designer.
- A diploma of professional education with the study of digital marketing will allow you to build a career as a digital marketer, work with digital advertising, search engine optimization and analytics. This education focuses on strategic and targeted internet marketing and social media. Lasts 1 year.
- Diploma of professional education in the specialty "Graphic Design" (2/1 year) allows you to get a practical design education, where students learn to work creatively with visual communications, strategic design, illustration, photography, web design, animation.
- Diploma of vocational education "Digital Prototyping" (2 years) prepares for a career in the digital sphere, teaches you how to create physical products using 3D printing.
- Professional online degree "Video marketing in social networks" (1 year) teaches you to work with digital marketing strategies, apply video production methods, tell stories for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social networks.
- The practical one-year professional course "Technical Design with CAD 2D/3D" offers an education in the field of technical design, where you will learn to draw, model, visualize buildings and modern structures using BIM, product design, digital prototyping.
- Bachelor "Interactive media, animation" (3 years) will teach you to work creatively with technology. This education will teach you how to create and animate digital models, characters for movies, games, virtual reality in various industries.
- Bachelor "Interactive media, games" (3 years) teaches to work creatively with technology, develop interactive content for games, virtual reality in various industries.
- Diploma of professional education "VFX – Visual Effects" (2 years) teaches you to create impressive visual effects for movies, games, virtual reality. This education will prepare for a career in digital media.
- Diploma of professional education "Sound, music production" (2/1 year) will help to master the production of audio, music in a professional studio, get extensive practical experience with high-quality equipment, acquire the skills necessary in a dynamically developing industry.
- Diploma of professional education "Filmmaking" (2/1 year) allows you to get a director's profession, create films, work on television, become a producer, director, screenwriter, photographer or editor.