New York is a large megalopolis with an international environment, a significant economic and political center of America, a place where representatives of different countries come and conquer the hearts of millions of tourists. Here the top educational institutions are concentrated, the largest world companies are operating, a huge number of galleries and museums, headquarters of banks and financial companies operate. In this city it is prestigious to go in for sports, to take a great interest in art, to get education, to do self-development, that's why the best schools, colleges, universities and summer schools for students are located in New York. It is the largest educational center that is the center of the most important events in the world: universities and schools monitor the latest trends in the world of education and meet high quality requirements.
In America there are approximately 4,500 prestigious universities and colleges, most of which are located in New York.
Benefits of studying in New York
The amazing atmosphere of the city attracts foreign students from all over the world for education - the educational institutions of the city in turn are very pleased with foreign students and gladly accept them for education.
Learning bonuses in the USA:
- American education system - one of the best in the world
- great opportunities for graduates
- developed culture
- hospitable attitude to foreign students
- high standard of living
- a diverse choice of educational programs
- use of innovative technologies
- effective teaching methods
- Grants for foreign students
- wide opportunities for research.
Education in America for students
- primary school - from 1 to 6 class (5-10 years)
- secondary school - from 6 to 8 grade (11-14 years)
- Senior classes - from 9 to 12 class (15-18 years).
According to the American system, students complete their education at school with a high school diploma - High School Diploma. For students from 15-16 years, an additional program is provided - Advanced Placement, if the student wants to go deeper into the study of core subjects to choose from before entering the university.
A distinctive feature of the US education system is the principle of earning educational loans, which are taken into account when entering universities - they are received proportionally to the watched hours in a particular discipline.
Preparing for the University of the USA
To obtain academic and linguistic knowledge, foreign students enter pre-university courses at international colleges or specialized educational centers. For foreign students after the end of the 11th grade, admission to the preparatory course is necessarily due to differences in national education systems. It is worth noting the main advantage of such programs - some of them guarantee further admission to the university without entrance examinations or even a transfer immediately to the second year of the bachelor's degree. Types of education programs and the cost of education in New York:
- University Pathway Program - from 355 $ / week
- University Transfer Program - from 15,000 $ / semester
- International Foundation - from 83,000 $ / year
- International Year One - from 38,656 $ / 2 semesters.
Higher education in the US and postgraduate studies
Foreign students who want to study abroad are happy to choose New York for higher education or professional courses. Universities and colleges have established themselves as high quality educational institutions that meet international standards and offer a variety of courses and programs for foreign students. Required destinations in New York:
- natural Sciences.
Types of educational programs and tuition fees:
- Bachelor's degree - from 6,720 $ / semester
- Master's program - starting from 7,020 $ / semester
- Doctorate - from 22,932 $ / year
- MBA - from 12,017 $ / 6 months
- professional one-year and two-year programs - from 31,500 $ / year
- short university programs, lasting from 1 to 12 weeks - from 1,100 $ / week.
Language courses and summer camps in the USA
What could be more effective in learning English with native speakers and the ability to practice their skills on a daily basis in real life? New York has the best conditions for attending a language school! Types of language courses:
- Exam Preparation: IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GMAT, FCE, CPE, CAE
- Academic English
- business English
- a language course for beginners.
Americans also pay special attention to the development of students during the holidays: in children's camps, students do not just rest, but also engage with the best teachers and receive valuable academic and linguistic knowledge. Types of vacation programs for students:
- summer English courses;
- winter English courses;
- spring english courses;
- basketball camp;
- cinema study;
- english and dancing;
- year program of design.
Examples of schools, colleges and universities in America
- New York Film Academy is the New York Academy of Motion Picture Arts, graduates of which are such famous personalities as Steven Spielberg, Al Pacino, Kevin Kline, Robert Downey Jr. and James Fox. The main directions: film production, visual arts, acting skills, theatrical skill. In the Academy, you can pass an accelerated bachelor's degree (3 years), a master's degree (2 years), an associate's degree (2 years) or a one-year professional course.
- Columbia University - is one of the most authoritative oldest institutions of higher learning in America; among the students there are popular faculties of law, business, journalism. The university is famous for its own orchestra, theater and music courses are in demand. The cost of education for the undergraduate program is from 22,645 $ / year, magistracy from 12,500 $ / year.
- LIU Brooklyn University - ranked first in the list of universities for health professionals, and offers a total of 47 directions. The campus is located in the trendy and lively Brooklyn area, has a large green area and was named the safest campus in New York. The University has collected 18 qualified and successful sports teams.
- Saint Peters University - summer camp for students aged 13 to 19 years: here the study of English can be combined with active rest, basketball, dancing and drama. Besides academic studies, students are offered an active and diverse program of extra-curricular activities and leisure activities. Every evening an interesting entertainment program, shows and parties are organized. The cost of participation in the summer program - from 1,566 $ / week.
- Leman Manhattan Preparatory School is an ultramodern American school in the center of New York, which is a member of the prestigious Meritas association and provides students with access to high-tech education. Here in a free access are laptops, multimedia projectors, interactive whiteboards, various means of communication. General educational academic programs: elementary, middle and senior classes, preparation for SAT, TOEFL, International Foundation. Special programs for students: computer graphics courses, digital video and others. The cost of education is from 83,000 $ / year.