Location: Old Hall Green, Hertfordshire county
Age of students: 11 - 18 years old
Programs: Primary school, Secondary school, GCSE, A-level
Number of students: 805
Foundation year: 1568
Type of education: joint
Price: from 9 000 GBP full board per term
Ranking: included in the list of leading British co-educational boarding schools
St. Edmund’s College is surrounded by parks and nature conservation areas. The school campus of 400 acres is considered one of the most beautiful in the county.
St. Edmund’s College has been working in England for more than 450 years. There are centuries-old traditions of British education. Today's students are proud of their school. Here they have an opportunity to discover their potential, develop their abilities and achieve high academic results.
Compassion and patience are the main moral values. At school, students acquire not only basic knowledge, but also important social skills necessary for living in a modern human society.
The school accepts foreign students from 11 years old. Applications are recommended to be submitted in advance, in a prestigious school there is a waiting list for enrollment. Possible waiting period is from 1 to 2 years.
In the high school students study:
A-level final examinations are counted as entrance to the university.
The school offers accommodation in comfortable residences on campus. In each hostel there is warm atmosphere. Children are offered 1-2-bedded furnished rooms. Conveniences are on the floor. There are rest rooms, kitchens. Accommodation in the school is possible on a full board basis. Meals are organized in the dining room. The menu is mainly English and European cuisine.
Success of the educational process is maintained by technical equipment. The school has well-equipped classrooms, modern laboratories, several computer classes, a library with a computer room for working with electronic resources, a linguocenter. Also the school has its own medical center.
The sports infrastructure is represented by a complex with several halls (for fitness, athletics, aerobics, etc.), fields and playgrounds for team games, a tennis court. To develop the creative abilities of students, interest clubs are open (work in educational buildings and residences).
Studying period: September - June.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.