Sir Edward Summer Camp is a summer camp of Studio Cambridge that has been operating in the educational market of Britain in 1954. The language center for teenagers is located in the picturesque town. The town is 25 km from the University of Cambridge and 125 km - from the capital of Britain. It attracts foreign students with medieval architectural monuments.
Sir Edward Camp is open on the basis of King's School. The latter has an outstanding history. The school, founded more than 1000 years ago, is an excellent place to get acquainted with educational traditions of Britain.
Short information. Two-week vacation program for the development of general language skills and the development of spoken English.
About the course. The English course includes a minimum of 4 academic sessions from Monday to Friday. At the lessons, students learn basic English grammar, expand vocabulary, perform tasks on reading, writing, listening. Special attention is paid to the communicative practice of school teachers. In communication with each other, children progress rapidly in learning the language.
Students age: 9 - 13 years.
Start dates: 05.07 - 02.08 (from 2 weeks). July 9th, 2015, July 9th, 2015
Requirements for enrollment: English - not lower than beginner.
The result of the training: gaining confidence in the conversation, gaining new knowledge in the field of English grammar, vocabulary.
Class size: up to 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Price (all included):
Students are offered accommodation in the residence on the campus of the Royal School. Students live in comfortable rooms for 2 - 8 people. Conveniences are on the floors. Camp's teachers also live in the residence, they look after small foreign students, help in solving all issues.
The food in the camp is provided for boarding, breakfasts, lunches, dinners are served in the medieval hall of King's School.
Daily entertaining events (quizzes, contests, discos, parties, etc.) are planned for students, 5 two-hour daytime entertainment (creativity, sports, themed meetings, walks, competitions). The program also provides exciting excursions. They are held twice a week (on Wednesday, Sunday), designed for the whole day. Students can visit London with its many attractions, Windsor, Brighton, Oxford, Richmond, Canterbury, Stratford-upon-Avon.
Lessons are held from 9:15 to 12:55.
Sir Edward Camp at the Royal School has 15 modern interactive classrooms, a working computer zone with Wi-Fi, a gym, a heated pool, several tennis courts and playing fields, a relaxation area, a spacious assembly hall for events . Also in the camp there are classes of circles (crafts, art).
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.