MPW College Cambridge Summer School
Description of MPW College Cambridge Summer School
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- MPW was founded: 1997
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students per class: 9-10
- Age range: 15-18 years old
- Type of education: mixed.
MPW College (Mander Portman Woodward) is a group of independent British colleges that act as an alternative to the traditional school. The college has campuses in three cities: London, Cambridge, Birmingham. They teach a wide range of A-level and GCSE courses, giving the opportunity to study only those subjects that are interesting to the student.
MPW College Cambridge is one of the UK's leading independent colleges for secondary school students, having received an "Outstanding" rating from Ofsted, as well as included by the Ministry of Education in the top 1% of schools and colleges in England.
Educationtakes place in specializations:
- Jurisprudence, law
- International Relations, Politics
- Finance, Economics
- Business, Economy
- Art, design
The summer school program is compiled in collaboration with EtonX on exclusive British educational technology. The innovative Life Skills program with the participation of InvestIn offers students the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the life, professional skills necessary to achieve success in their careers.
Education is conducted by highly qualified teachers, leading scientists of the world from the University of Cambridge.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in MPW College Cambridge Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Student residential buildings are located in the city center within walking distance to the academic campus. MPW provides transportation for students circulating between campus and dormitories at the beginning and end of the school day. Single rooms with shared or private bathrooms are available.
The dormitories are located in two districts:
- Malta Roud - is a microdistrict of five houses, each of which is equipped with internal gardens, common kitchens, living rooms
- Tripos Court is a purpose-built gated complex for students, located near cambridge Holiday Park.
Parents have the opportunity to live with students: all bedrooms can accommodate a double bed. The rooms are pre-furnished: beds, wardrobe, desk.
En suite rooms are available at an extra cost of £200per course.
Students are provided with three meals a day from dishes of British, international cuisines. If necessary, each student can make a meal plan in accordance with his diet, medical characteristics.
In the morning, children can enjoy a continental breakfast: cereals, fruit, toast, croissants. Lunch is either a portioned meal or a buffet. Dinner consists of three courses at the student's choice.
Activities MPW College Cambridge Summer School
Cambridge has many public places for students: from active sports to exploring historical sights, from restaurants to night cinemas.
The most frequently visited places are:
- Kayaking, boating
- Escape rooms
- Outdoor/indoor ice rinks depending on the season
- City Theatre
- Cafes, restaurants
On the territory of the summer school are held:
- Themed party in the street tent
- Movie Nights
- Karaoke evenings.
In July, all students have the opportunity to go on a two-day tour to three destinations:
- York – world-class museums, art galleries, architecture with the longest scheme of medieval city walls
- Bath – a historic city with famous Roman baths
- London is the capital of Great Britain, one of the most famous cities in the world. On the tour, students will visit many attractions, for example, the Tower of London, the "London Eye".
The cost of trips includes accommodation, guided tours, meals.
- 30% of students are foreigners
- Personal tutors for each student
- Cooperation with the subsidiary of Eton College - EtonX.
Facilities and equipment at MPW College Cambridge Summer School
Cambridge is known worldwide for its stunning architecture, leading educational technologies, which serves as an ideal environment for academically oriented students.
The educational campus is located in the city center near cultural attractions, public places.
MWP offers free transfers from major UK airports to any of the school's campuses. Groups of students are always accompanied by employees, helping with arrival, check-in, education, sending home.
The nearest airports in Cambridge are:
- Stansted in 45 minutes
- Luton in 70 minutes
- Heathrow – 1.5 hours
- Gutwick – 1.45 hours.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic program at MPW Cambridge consists of morning lessons, afternoon workshops on life skills, regular weekly lectures. MPW has a special approach to education: applicants are divided into classes of 9-10 people. Each student collaborates with a personal tutor who provides a high level of personal care, develops a unique plan for the progress of learning.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday:
- 09:00 - 12:30 – one main subject (15 hours per week)
- 13:30-15:00 – lectures on social skills in one subject developed jointly with EtonX (10 hours per week).
Life skills are entrepreneurship, oratory, development of sustainability, attention, creativity, critical thinking.
On a weekly basis, an MPW student can choose one of the proposed modules to study in the following week. Excursions to local businesses are organised for students every Wednesday.
After graduating from the summer school, graduates have access to the EtonX online courses for 12 months.
Sample course schedule:
- 1st year: June 26-July 9
- 2 year: 10 July-23 July
- 3rd year: July 24-August 6.
However, pupils of the school can attend courses in any combination, enrolling in them for 2, 4 or 6 weeks.
- IELTS exam – 250£.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to MPW begins with an interview offering each applicant an individual study plan. Students are provided with personal assistants who provide support for entrance examinations, conduct expert consultations.
Applications are accepted from mid-April to early June.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about MPW College Cambridge Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.