St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
Description of St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
- Founded: 1473
- Location of St Catherine's College Summer School: Cambridge, UK
- Age of students: from 16 to 18 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: residence, full board.
St Catherine's College is one of the educational institutions of Cambridge that hosts the Cambridge Summer School. Every year, students from 16 to 18 years old from more than 150 countries around the world come here for quality and prestigious education.
The College of St. Katarina itself is one of the oldest in Britain - it was founded in 1473 by the vice-rector of the Royal College. St Catherine's College is part of the University of Cambridge, which is one of the most prestigious higher schools in the world. Until the middle of the 17th century, the College of St. Katarina remained the smallest among the colleges of the giant university, but then he received philanthropists, with whose help the architectural ensemble was expanded.
Today, the college is recognized as one of the leading and best in the city and the country as a whole. His graduates list includes many famous people: botanist Adam Baddle, television journalist Jeremy Paxman, writer Malcolm Lowry, actress Rebecca Hall and many others. Also, several research centers of the university are based here.
Being a student of the summer program will give foreign students a good idea of what it feels like to be a student at Cambridge University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
Accommodation, meals, prices
For placement during the summer school, students are offered accommodation in a residence on campus of St Catherine's College. Pupils will live in 1-2-bed rooms, on average, for every 6 people in the residence, one bathroom. Boys and girls live in different parts of the student dormitory. Meals are organized in the dining room on campus in the form of a full board (three times a day).
Activities St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
Studying at the Cambridge Summer School summer school is held at St Catherine's College helps students not only participate in the academic program, but also in cultural and entertainment. The latter includes entertainment events organized on campus (lectures, debates, sporting events and not only), plus field trips to the most interesting places and sights of Britain (at least one per week).
Facilities and equipment at St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
The territory of St Catherine's College is equipped with everything necessary for effective classes and interesting leisure: convenient classrooms, interactive equipment, playgrounds for sports and more. A safe environment is organized in St. Katarina College - there is always someone from the college staff on the territory who can be contacted for help.
Admission dates and extra charges
The Cambridge Summer School is held at St Catherine's College from June 28 to July 25. The standard curriculum lasts 2 weeks.
The course price includes:
- Curriculum (20 hours a week)
- Food and accommodation
- Cultural and entertainment program (events and excursions)
- Certificate of completion + report cards.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Cambridge Summer School at St Catherine's College, foreign and Russian students will need to fulfill some conditions:
- Correspondence to the age category of students - from 16 to 18 years
- Fluency in English at a fluent or fluent level (from B1 to C2)
- Willingness to follow the curriculum and nutritional schedule provided by the school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St Catherine’s College Summer Junior School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.