The oldest and most prestigious higher education institution in Bulgaria is Sofia University (SU). It is a public institution, founded in 1888. Sofia University has an area of 18,624 m² and a total of 324 rooms. Geographically located in the city of Sofia.
Specify information on the program on the official site of an educational institution.
Sofia University is considered the best university in Bulgaria. In the national ranking, the university always takes the first place of honor, and among the prestigious international institutions is in 822 positions. By the quality of teaching, the university is in the TOP 400 of the best institutions.
The educational institution is famous for its large list of famous students who had great success and fame. Among them are:
Famous teachers are Vaylo Dychev (cultural anthropologist),
Snezhina Gogova (sinologist, sociolinguist and psycholinguist, professor of Chinese linguistics), Nelly Ognyanova (media expert).
Sofia University has an urban campus. The following departments operate on the basis of the institution:
In the educational building are located: a large library, a sports complex, playgrounds, laboratories and computer classes. The university provides a furnished comfortable hostel to foreign citizens.
Sofia University is part of the European University Association.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.