Singapore Institute of Technology
Description of Singapore Institute of Technology
- Established: 2009
- Type: higher education institution
- Location: Singapore.
The Singapore Institute of Engineering Technology (SIT) is a Singapore-based institution of applied education founded in 2009. Since its inception, the university has been striving to become a leader in innovative education through the integration of the educational process, industry and society.
SIT currently offers 42 programs grouped in 5 clusters:
- Engineering (ENG)
- Chemical Engineering and Food Technology (CEFT)
- Infocomm Technology (ICT)
- Health and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Design and specialized enterprises (DSB).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Singapore Institute of Technology
- An integrated job program (IWSP) is a hallmark of SIT - it allows students to simultaneously study and work in a company from 6 to 12 months
- The university conducts specialized program (“Entrepreneurship Development (EDP)” and “Immersion in Foreign Companies (EIP)”), which allow students to learn business management skills and introduce them to best business practices in regions such as China, the Netherlands and Japan
- The institution has developed a mentoring institute, in which the university's industry partners, as mentors, send SIT startups and provide initial funding to support their implementation.
Facilities and equipment at Singapore Institute of Technology
The material and technical base of SIT includes:
- The library
- Industry laboratories
- Project sites
- The laboratories (i-Labs).
Admission dates and extra charges
In SIT, the school year is divided into both semesters and semesters, depending on the course.
- Entrance fee = $ 18 SGD
- General fees = $ 348 SGD / year
- Cost of living in Singapore = $ 1404 SGD-2548 $ SGD.
7% VAT is paid extra.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational institution you must:
- Apply through the online portal
- Education / Qualification Document
- Experience / Internship
- Letters of recommendation from employers (if any).
Applicants who do not meet certain admission requirements (for selected courses) may be required to pass an entrance test.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Singapore Institute of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.