Description of Shebbear College
- Year of foundation: 1829;
- Location: Shebbear, Devonshire, England;
- Age of students: 3-18 years;
- Number of students: 340 people;
- Type of program: mixed;
- Type of accommodation: full time, full board;
- English language.
Shebbear College is a private school in the south-west of England, offering education for girls and boys from 3 to 18 years old. Shebbear College is positioning itself as an educational institution for students with different levels of ability, so the selection of candidates here does not differ by any rigor. At the same time, graduates of the school annually show high results of final exams.
The school also undergoes regular review by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) commission. According to the results of the last visit in 2014, Shebbir School received “excellent” marks according to two criteria: for the level of upbringing and development of students, for the quality of care for them. The institution also received “good” marks for such indicators as:
- Academic success of students;
- Quality and organization of the curriculum;
- Organization of extracurricular education;
- Teaching quality;
- The level of teaching and accommodation in the hostel.
Historically, Methodism has been the official religion in the school since its inception, while students of any denominations are admitted to study here.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Shebbear College
Accommodation, meals, prices
While studying, Shebbear College students live in residences located on campus. Capacity of residential buildings - up to 86 people. Distribution by hostels takes into account gender (boys are separate from girls) and age. Students are settled in rooms with a capacity of 1-3 people with all the necessary furniture; shower and toilet are shared on the floor. Also in each residence there are teaching staff who can quickly come to the aid of students if necessary. In the residences of Chebbir School there is a regular cleaning and change of bed linen, laundry services are available. Depending on the format of teaching (day or with a boarding), international students eat in the school canteen 2-3 times a day.
Activities Shebbear College
In their free time, pupils at Shebbear College have the opportunity to devote time to different sports or creativity:
- Horseback riding;
- Field hockey;
- Fine Arts;
- Theater art;
- Playing musical instruments;
- Photography and more.
In the evenings, entertainment activities are organized for students:
- Team games;
- Treasure hunt;
- Cinema evening;
The summer school for students also provides 1-2 weekly excursions:
- A visit to the largest botanical garden in the world "Eden";
- The British nearby cities - Exeter, Plymouth, Bristol.
Facilities and equipment at Shebbear College
The campus of Shebbear College is located in the village of the same name in the southwestern part of England: approximately 5 hours from here to the British capital, and Bristol and Exeter airports are 1-2 hours away.
The entire territory of the school occupies 34 hectares in the place where it was founded in 1829. Something has remained the same since those times: the school is still under the guidance of the Methodist Church and is part of the Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST).
Infrastructure of Shebbear School are well equipped:
- Modern and equipped classrooms;
- Music center (recording studio, piano, guitar, wind instruments);
- Studios for creativity;
- Sports venues for various sports (rugby, football, netball, cricket, hockey, tennis);
- Equipped sports center (fitness equipment, dance studio, gym);
- Two residences for students;
- Computer center;
- Lounges with board games;
- Cabinets of self-education and not only.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the school is divided into three trimesters, each of which provides for vacation time:
- Autumn Trimester: September 4 - December 15, Vacation: October 19-27;
- Spring Trimester: January 3 - March 29, Vacation: February 12-16;
- Summer Term: April 18 - July 6, Vacation: May 28 - June 1.
Tuition fee includes:
- Academic studies;
- Educational materials;
- Testing and grouping;
- Certificate of passage of the program;
- Daily sports or cultural events;
- Meals (full board);
- Laundry service;
- Meeting / seeing off at the airport on arrival days.
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Educational deposit;
- Visa application;
- Consular fee;
- Medical insurance;
- Individual meeting at the airport;
- Air tickets.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter Shebbear College, all candidates must provide a minimum set of documents:
- Extract school grades for the last 2 years of study;
- Characteristics from teachers;
- Mathematics and English Testing.
A detailed list of conditions for admission to Shebbear College may vary depending on the program and the age of students.
International students and adolescents 10-14 years old who speak English at any of these levels - from elementary to advanced can get into the summer language camp of Shebbear College.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Shebbear College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.