OISE Dawlish Summer School is one of the summer network schools located in England. The school in Dawlish attracts students with convenient location. The school is located in the resort area of Devon County. The school is close to famous beaches of the region.
Dawlish is interesting with historical sights. Students will study in the city where actions of the novels of Jane Austen and Charles Dickens took place. The streets of Dawlish are ideal for shooting historical films. Students can practice English in the city with special atmosphere. The OISE Dawlish students are offered guided tours of the traces of the heroes of Dickens' novels, walks in the park with exotic fauna and flora.
Short information. Standard English course for improving basic language skills.
About the course. The program is designed for 2 weeks. Weekly students are invited to attend 30 academic sessions. On them it is necessary to develop, first of all, communicative skills. Also, a sufficient amount of time is devoted to the study of vocabulary, syntax, grammar, exceptional understanding of English (in writing and audio version).
Students age: 14 - 17 years.
Start dates: 07.06 - 15.08.2015.
Entry requirements: Initial level of English proficiency.
Learning outcomes: development of general language skills, vocabulary increase.
Class size: up to 8 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
[999.19 ] Cost: from 1870 British pounds for 2 weeks (the price includes the academic, extracurricular program, 1 excursion per week, meals, accommodation, transfer).
Students are offered accommodation in host families in double rooms on a full board basis. The houses are located within walking distance from the school.
Programs of OISE Dawlish School traditionally includes three blocks. Students can be engaged in sports (bowling, badminton, basketball, volleyball, tennis, swimming, football). Also, daily entertainment program includes karaoke, discos, contests and much more. The courses also offer a guided tour. A one-off event is provided per week. Routes: Plymouth, Exeter, British Disneyland.
Students study from 9:30 to 15:30.
The school has lecture rooms, a library, wireless Internet, and comfortable self-study rooms. Also in the building there is a medical office. For recreation, there are landscaped areas in the surrounding gardens.
Established time of transfers (included in the cost of study): arrival - Sunday 9-00 - 19-00, departure - Saturday 12-00 - 20-00.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.