Description of Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé
- Year of foundation: 1956;
- Location: Metabechuan-Lac-à-la-Croix, Quebec, Canada;
- Students age: 6-18 years old;
- Number of students: 274 people;
- Language of instruction: French;
- Type of study: private coeducational school.
Founded in 1956 by Father Patrick Trottier and located in the vastness of the majestic Lake Lac-Saint-Jean, Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé spans a vast area and offers an exceptional environment for quality education. Over the years, the educational institution has become part of the Metabechuan-Lac-a-la-Croix and Lac-Saint-Jean community. Séminaire is a family school where support and supervision serve the universal development of young people. The educational institution provides individual high-quality education, adapted to the potential of a particular child: an academic excellence program for performers, special education for students with special needs, many additional extracurricular programs: hockey, ski board, cheerleading, athletics, horse riding, jazz-pop music , hunting and fishing.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé is located in Metabetchuan Lac-a-la-Croix, in the heart of the magnificent Lac-Saint-Jean region.
The total capacity is over 100 people in different types of rooms:
- 20 single rooms (single bed, bed linen, washbasin, wardrobe, desk, combined bathroom);
- 50 single rooms (single bed, bed linen, washbasin, wardrobe, desk, shared bathrooms);
- 12 double rooms (double bed, bedding, armchair, wardrobe, table, toilet, shower).
The school's cafeteria offers students a balanced and varied meal that meets the criteria of the Canadian Healthy Eating Guidelines.
Activities Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé
The student service offers many activities - everyone can satisfy their interests by participating in extracurricular activities:
- Cardio crossfit;
- Cycling around the lake;
- Skatepark trips;
- Student newspaper;
- Cabaret du Clergé (talent show);
- Exhibition "Challenge of Science and Invention".
Additional cultural and sports programs:
- Hunting Fishing;
- Horseback riding;
- Jazz pop music;
Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé offers the School of the Future project, reflecting its values. The project prepares today's youth to become the protagonists of the future, allows student to bring the educational experience to a new level.
The project "School of the Future" by Marie-Ren-du-Clerget assumes:
- Strong emphasis on student autonomy;
- Individual support of the student in achieving his personal goals;
- Diverse, innovative, proven teaching methods;
- Intensive use of technology for student development;
- Modern spaces adapted to school and social life;
- Partnership, innovation, autonomy and respect.
Facilities and equipment at Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé
The classrooms have recently been modernized in the seminary:
- Furniture modernized.
The bright, modern classrooms are equipped with the latest technology.
Admission dates and extra charges
The main innovation is the change in the study calendar, which provides more opportunities for recreation. Intensive study days allow students to add additional vacations in the fall and spring. This restructuring of the calendar brings many benefits: longer rest periods, fewer scattered holidays that disrupt the learning rhythm.
The school invites parents to open a personal account at the school for their child. This will allow the student to pay for optional services (programs and activities) or make personal purchases (dining room, clothing) during the school year. The student can manage the debit or credit card.
Additional amounts will be required to participate in sports and cultural programs.
Participation in trips at the end of the year is optional and requires additional payment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The admission process begins with an online application for international admission.
- Registration form completed by parents and student;
- Certified copy of birth certificate;
- A copy of the report card for the last completed academic year.
After analyzing the request and receiving confirmation of registration, the parents of the enrolled and registered student can begin the mandatory immigration procedures:
- Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ);
- Study Permit in Canada (PE);
- Proof of health insurance (such as Blue Cross or otherwise).
List of extra charges:
- Additional fees.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Séminaire Marie-Reine-du-Clergé
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.