In the modern world, more and more families are thinking about the education of children abroad and most often choose secondary schools in the US or top secondary schools in UK, as this is not only an opportunity to get a prestigious education abroad, but also to immigrate to the most developed country in the world. Here, all schools open their doors to foreign students, offering various educational programs.
Features of teaching in high school USA.
In America, as in other developed countries, there are public and private educational institutions. Prestigious is considered teaching in a private school, graduates of which are more often enrolled in American colleges and universities.
The US does not have one general education system: the state approves the general curriculum (the list of basic disciplines, the dates of the beginning and the end of the school year), and the details are already claimed by the individual American schools (what benefits to use, the number of hours of instruction in various disciplines and etc.)
All the schools in America are divided into 3 main stages, separated by the age of the students:
- elementary - elementary school (5-10): several academic disciplines (reading, writing, mathematics and the basics of the natural sciences) are compulsory and music, physical education, and drawing.
- middle - middle school (11-14): compulsory subjects for study - mathematics, history, science, English + 2-3 subjects to choose from.
- senior - high school (15-18): high school students are given the opportunity to choose their own subjects (as a rule, they choose those subjects that are necessary for admission to the chosen university). In high school, students are actively preparing for the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) test, which is required to enter a college or university.
It is better for foreign students to begin preparing in advance for admission to the chosen educational institution. The list of required documents includes:
1. an extract of estimates for the last few years,
2. recommendations from teachers,
3. certificates of the presence of sports and other achievements,
4. application for admission.
Some of the requirements of some educational institutions may include:
1. writing an essay on the selected topic,
2. certificates of successful passing of language tests,
3. interview (by Skype / personal),
4. the delivery of the standardized academic test SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test), which is designed to assess the basic skills needed for learning: the ability to verbal reasoning, reading comprehension and mathematics.
Middle Schools in the US, America: Advantages and Key Features
- High quality of secondary education. America's middle schools give graduates the opportunity to enroll in the best universities in the United States and the world;
- After graduation, the graduate will find it easier to find high-paying jobs in America and, if desired, immigrate;
- Beginning with the middle level, students have the opportunity to adjust their personal curriculum - this is how the idea of so-called personal education is realized. It helps to instill in students an individuality, purposefulness, leadership skills and teamwork skills;
- America is a multinational country. Studying in the USA will help the child to find friends from different countries of the world, broaden his horizons, and decide on the future profession.
Example of America's best middle schools
- Windermere Preparatory School, Orlando, Florida
This educational institution is in the TOP-50 private schools in the country and is part of the educational network Meritas family. Here a lot of attention is paid to the academic preparation of students (about 80% of students annually pass exams with excellent results) and comprehensive personality development (an environment has been created that helps students develop responsibility, decency, honesty, self-discipline, respect for others).
Windermere School is located near the city of Orlando, Florida, on the shore of the picturesque Lake Saypries. On the large territory, developed infrastructure is developed, which includes educational buildings, residences for living, a tennis court, fields for playing football, baseball, and a swimming pool. The leisure of students is very diverse and interesting: a choice of more than 20 circles and sections, trips to neighboring states, excursions to local attractions. The proximity of the campus to the world-famous park Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, Universal Studios can not leave indifferent neither children nor parents.
The school-board Windermere offers a full range of educational services: elementary and middle-class programs, for high school students, IB , Diploma + Advanced Placement programs are offered.
A unique course for future business leaders, presented at the Windermere school, is designed for high school students aged 16-18. The online course is designed for 12 days with the participation of representatives of the global business environment, talented and prosperous businessmen, financiers and bankers. In the process of education, students have the opportunity not only to present their own project, get acquainted with businessmen, but also to have a good rest in the company of new friends from different countries, get acquainted with the culture of the USA, tighten the level of the English language.
Foreign students in the Windermere Preparatory School live on a full board in comfortable homes on campus. Such accommodation is available for students from the 9th grade, students of an earlier age should live with their parents or relatives. Meals are provided on a full board basis, in the menu of international dishes, but on request, you can organize a dietary meal.
The cost of education at the Windermere Preparatory School ranges from 57,000 $ / year. For the course for future business leaders will have to pay from 3,295 $ / 12 days.