School education in Austria is one of the best in Europe, parents from all over the world choose Austrian schools for their children. Public and private institutions give students a high level of knowledge, and allow entering the prestigious institutions of higher education in Europe and the world. Austrian schools gladly accept foreign participants into their ranks. School education is divided into 3 stages:
- Primary school (6-10 years)
- Secondary school (10-14 years)
- Higher secondary school (14-18 years).
In elementary school children enter at the age of 6 years, and continue their studies until they reach 10 years of age. In public institutions, education is free, private institutions are paid. Students discover and develop their talents, determine the areas of science that interest them.
Average and upper schools
School begins with 10 years. There are 2 types of schools:
1) Hauptschule (general education)
2) Allgemein bildende höhere Schulen (academic):
- Gymnasium (general education gymnasium)
- Realgymnasium (gymnasium with a bias in science)
- Wirtschaftskundlisches Realgymnasium (gymnasium with a bias in the household).
The highest level of secondary education (Allgemein bildende höhere Schulen) covers the period from 14 to 18 years and is aimed at in-depth study of disciplines, development of professional skills, practical skills and preparation for entering the university. Upon graduation, a diploma of secondary education is awarded, which is highly regarded by universities both in Austria and abroad.
Private boarding schools in Austria
Schools are public and private. Private boarding schools offer exceptional quality education. Students permanently reside on campus in comfortable residences and enjoy all the benefits, such as: sports facilities, parks, scientific center and so on. All-the-year-round stay in the international environment allows students to broaden their horizons, adapt to the way of life, improve language skills. The boarding houses are run by highly qualified teachers, staff and school personnel are always ready to provide all the necessary support.
Usually 2 languages are taught - German and English, many schools practice bilingual education for rapid adaptation and development. In a large number of institutions, the International Baccalaureate (IB) program is available, the diploma of which is recognized in many countries of the world, including Great Britain and the USA, which makes it possible to enter the best universities.
Teaching has the character of comprehensive development: in addition to academic studies, students are actively involved in sports and creativity, there is the opportunity to choose the type of sport and creativity that interests you; programs to support talented students. Saturated nature has an extra-curricular life: excursions and trips are organized, students attend various holidays and events, concerts, cinemas and theaters. The high level of preparation and general development allows the graduates of boarding houses to enter selected higher education institutions around the world, including the most prestigious ones.
In addition to purely Austrian institutions, the country has a large number of branches of various international schools, which are mainly concentrated in large cities. Education is conducted here not only in German, but also in other languages. These schools are also very popular and provide programs of the highest class.
Advantages of boarding schools in Austria:
- Comprehensive development of students - academic, spiritual, personal, sporting and creative;
- High academic level;
- Effective development of English and German skills;
- Adaptation to a way of life and expansion of an outlook;
- The opportunity to enter the best universities in Austria, Europe and the world.
The cost of education in the boarding house starts from 25,000 € per year and varies in different schools.
The process of admission to boarding schools
For admission, you must provide a standard list of documents and confirm the required level of academic and linguistic knowledge. The list of documents consists of:
- Passport (and copy);
- Extract from the report card for the last 2 years of study with marks;
- Certificates confirming the level of proficiency in languages (English, German);
- Recommendations from teachers from the previous place of study (English / German, mathematics, possibly the principal);
- Interview with a school employee;
- It is possible to conduct additional tests to determine the level of knowledge.