Since 1999, the specialized courses for screenwriting in Vancouver Film School (VFS) have become a real springboard to a successful and sought-after profession. In just one year the students will be able to master all the basic skills, knowledge and skills of this highly paid and prestigious specialty, make useful business contacts and connections, pass a useful internship and fully reveal their talents and abilities.
The program begins with mastering the basic, key principles for creating a scenario for television or cinematographic projects (one of these specializations the students will be able to choose in the second half of the year - the first half of the course is general, introductory). Studying in the heart of Vancouver - "Northern Hollywood" - students will have access to the best resources, infrastructure, equipment and creative studios. Professional teachers and a large number of invited specialists (led by the famous producer and screenwriter Michael Bazer) easily and with pleasure transfer their knowledge and skills to a new generation, educating true professionals who are in love with their work.
The opportunities for further implementation of the graduates are the widest:
- A movie screenwriter (creating an original script or working with literary sources, exploring characters and characters, locations, actions, objects)
- Screenwriter TV (an adjacent profession closely associated with producing - writing scripts for broadcasts, separate releases of the show, television series)
- Writer of video games (creating non-linear and "infinite" stories, creating a separate game world).
Graduates of VFS courses already build a successful career in film and television - join them sooner and conquer new creative peaks!
- Terri Tatchel, screenwriter of "Chappi"
- Seth Lochhead, screenwriter "Hannah"
- Alanna Belak, screenwriter "The Stranger"
- Lynn Sterberger, staff writer of the TV show "Smoothie"
- Andrew Kemp, script designer EYES WIDE GAMES
- Julie Pacrin, screenwriter "Motive"
- Derek Thompson, screenwriter "When the Heart Calls"
- Amy Roy, screenwriter "Zoe Hard of the Southern State"
- Ryan Galletta, screenwriter for WARNER BROS GAMES
- Jennifer Siddle, screenwriter "The Avengers"
- Brandon Manus, screenwriter "Hero-loner"
- Richard Jeffrey Campbell, screenwriter of the EIDOS game cycle.
Information for graduates:
- Duration: 1 year
- Beginning of studies: January, April or August (specific dates you can check with your manager)
- 5 or more large projects each year
- 6 or more events per year
- For graduates - a prestigious diploma, replenishment of personal portfolio and access to a unique VFS vacancy fair, where the best offers from international companies are collected.
Applicants are advised to prepare a synopsis of the film or TV-series, which they plan to create (1-20 pages) and present this blank of the admissions committee.