- Prestigious schools in Lausanne for international students
- The geographical location of the campuses in Lausanne
- Educational programs of the best schools in Lausanne for foreign students - leisure activities
- TOP-4 of the best Lausanne schools for international students
- The main advantages of getting an elite secondary education in Lausanne
- How to organize the process of choosing an advanced school in Lausanne?
Prestigious schools in Lausanne for international students
It is worth starting with the fact that in Lausanne all the necessary conditions for education and recreation are created, the Swiss education deservedly occupies high positions in rankings among employers, including large international corporations. In relation to foreign students, a hospitable and friendly attitude is shown. In addition, while studying at the elite school of Lausanne, foreign astudents significantly expand their horizons, at the same time there is a full immersion in the new linguistic and cultural environment. The popularity and relevance of Lausanne among foreign students is due to the location of a large number of historical objects of culture and architecture. In particular, the world-famous Lavo terraced vineyards on the UNESCO World Heritage List are worth mentioning. In addition, as the sights of Lausanne, it is worth highlighting the University of Lausanne, as well as the broadest opportunities for outdoor activities, sports and art, and just an exciting pastime.
It is worth noting that among foreign tourists cycling and hiking along the coast of Lake Geneva, along the foothills of the Alps, and simply through beautiful and cozy parks are popular. The cleanliness of the streets and truly ubiquitous exemplary order deserve special mention.
The geographical location of the campuses in Lausanne
As noted above, modern school campuses are located in places beautiful in natural landscapes, namely, near a lake or at the foot of the Alps. The choice of a specific elite school in Lausanne is determined by individual preferences, goals and requirements.
So, some elite schools in Switzerland have developed only full-time educational programs, while at the same time other leading schools in Lausanne organize education only on a full board basis. In addition, foreign students are given the opportunity to study at a private or language school. Please note that in the overwhelming majority of Swiss schools there is a restriction on the admission of foreign students among the total number of students. In addition, the choice of a specific Lausanne school can be determined by the preferred language for study, while regardless of the choice of a international student in all educational institutions of Lausanne, a high level of quality of educational services is guaranteed.
Upon graduation, graduates can freely become students of ranking universities, both Switzerland and other countries of the world, in particular, it can be the Higher School of Business, the School of Political Sciences in Paris, the Swiss Higher Polytechnic School of Lausanne, the University of Geneva, the University of Syracuse in New York etc.
Educational programs of the best schools in Lausanne for foreign students - leisure activities
In Switzerland, the status of the state language is assigned to 4 languages, namely French, Italian, German, Romansh. Direct teaching of teaching material in top schools in Lausanne is conducted in two languages, namely in English and French. A stay in Switzerland will have a positive effect on the active practice of language skills due to the fact that local people speak excellent languages at an excellent level.
The following are the educational programs offered to foreigners students:
- International Baccalaureate Program
- Swiss Federal Maturite
- French baccalaureate
- Primary school in English
- French elementary school
- Middle classes in English
- Middle classes in French.
As for the leisure program, it is characterized by diversity, since the attention of foreign students is offered a wide selection of various activities not only in the summer, but also in the winter season, namely:
- In summer, all conditions for windsurfing, water skiing, horse riding, cycling are created.
- In winter, students can actively engage in skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, sledding, and visits to popular alpine ski resorts such as Zermatt, Gstaad, Verbier, Crans Montana are also provided.
TOP-4 of the best Lausanne schools for international students
- Champittet College - is a private school located in a suburb of Lausanne in a forest area near Lake Geneva. The prestigious school of Lausanne has received accreditation from the European Council of International Schools, the Association of Schools and Colleges of New England. In addition, it is a member of the Association of Private Schools of Switzerland, as well as the local canton of Vaud. The following educational programs have been developed at this elite school in Switzerland, such as elementary school, middle classes (teaching is in English), Swiss Federal Maturite, French Baccalaureat, IB, and academic courses in French are offered to foreign students. In addition, preparatory groups are formed for the kids.
- Brillantmont International School - is a private school, which developed the classic programs of British and American secondary education, namely GCSE, A-level, Advanced Placement. During the summer period, foreign students aged 10 to 17 years can take part in language courses in English or French, which are combined with a leisure program. The leading Swiss school is located in a picturesque green area on the shores of Lake Geneva.
- Elite school Institut Le Rosey - the school follows a bilingual education system, teaching is conducted in French and English. The following educational programs have been developed, such as primary and secondary schools, the international baccalaureate program, French Baccalaureate. The main educational building is located on the picturesque shore of Lake Geneva, education is conducted from January to March, in the summer, teaching is conducted on the campus located in Gstaad, a cozy area.
- Elite boarding school Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne - located in close proximity to the shores of Lake Geneva, as part of the teaching, the emphasis is on the linguistic direction. The choice of foreign students is given the opportunity to receive a classic Swiss certificate of Swiss Maturity or an international baccalaureate. In addition, middle and high school programs have been developed, and instruction is in English.
The main advantages of getting an elite secondary education in Lausanne
- The prestige of secondary education received in the best schools of Lausanne is universally recognized by all ranking universities of all countries of the world. So, in the framework of education, all students independently choose the disciplines of interest that are necessary for entering prestigious universities in Switzerland. Thus, while studying in the leading schools of Lausanne, high-quality pre-university programs can be obtained by a foreign student.
- Taking into account the fact that Great Britain is universally recognized on a historical basis as the ancestor of boarding schools, currently, from the list of TOP-10, 9 positions belong to elite boarding schools in Switzerland, in particular, Lausanne. Compared with British boarding schools, a more free and democratic environment has been created in the walls of elite schools in Lausanne, while discipline is maintained at a high level. It is worth noting that elite schools in Switzerland show a friendly attitude towards foreign students. In the case of insufficient level of knowledge of a foreign language, the student will be given the opportunity to undergo a program within which a level of knowledge corresponding to the level of classmates will be significantly improved over a short period of time.
How to organize the process of choosing an advanced school in Lausanne?
As noted above, in the territory of Switzerland, the official state languages are 4 languages. A predominant number of Swiss schools provide for the teaching of at least 3 foreign languages. To a greater extent, the choice of a particular school is determined by the language in which the teaching is conducted.
Within the walls of the best schools of Lausanne, teaching is carried out in six areas, namely:
- Swiss - Teaching is conducted in English, German and French
- British - A-level, GCSE education programs are available, teaching is conducted in English
- American - Advanced Placement and High School Diploma are available, taught in English
- French - education takes place in English
- German - completing this German-language program replaces studies in grades 12 and 13 of a German school
- Italian - education is conducted in Italian.
Once again, SMAPSE experts draw attention to the fact that within the walls of a predominant number of elite private schools in Lausanne, teaching is conducted in English and French, thus providing bilingual education.