Description of Ostrava University
Ostrava University (abbreviated as OSU ) or Ostravská Univerzita v Ostravě is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities in the Czech Republic since early 1991. Currently OSU has its own small campus for students in the city of Ostrava.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ostrava University
This is the highest educational institution of the Czech Republic, which is among the best in the country - one of the top 20 institutions in the country. In addition, this university with ease from year to year defends its right to get into the ranking of the best - included in the TOP-5 percent of the most popular and sought-after universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Ostrava University
This University of the Czech Republic belongs to the category of medium-sized, since here every year a course of about 15,000 people takes place. More information about the activities of the university can be found through the accounts of the higher educational institution in the most popular social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube).
University students have access to a large scientific library. Also, the Ostrava University provides students with housing in a dormitory, on the campus there are convenient sites for active recreation and sports. In addition, the university is famous for being part of the European University Association (EUA).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Every year the first-year students receive a special admission committee. At the same time, local residents and visitors from different countries of the entire globe simultaneously apply for places in the institution. Students can choose the most convenient system of study for themselves - in person or remotely. The competition for admission is not so great - only three applicants apply for each student’s place.
Tuition fees at Ostrava University
Traditionally, for Czech higher education institutions, the academic year is divided into two semester-sized classes. At the same time, for each semester, students pay about $ 3,900. Students and teaching staff have access to the exchange program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ostrava University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.