Description of Newton College
- Established: 2004
- Location: Brno, Czech Republic
- Number of students: 2000
- Language of instruction: English, Czech
- Type: private.
Newton College was founded in 2004. The educational institution is private and young, but has already been accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education.
Education at the university takes place in three programs:
- Newton Start - basic training in business and management
- Newton Business - an extended program in which students choose a specialty and professional orientation
- Newton Premium - the same options as in the Business program, with a couple of differences: classes are conducted by highly qualified teachers, and the student is given the opportunity to scientific and research activities.
Programs do not differ in duration of study, only in cost.
From the very beginning of training, students are given the opportunity to undergo practical training and develop professional skills both on the basis of the university and in Czech organizations.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Newton College
- In addition to the main subjects that the student chooses, are required to attend classes in logic, critical thinking, creativity
- University graduates receive not only a European diploma, but also certificates in management training and a certificate of practical training
- To conduct lectures, the college leadership invites teachers from universities in the Czech Republic and other European countries
- Students actively participate in the life and management of Newton College, propose and implement change
- Pupils themselves develop a curriculum for themselves, which consists of interesting and necessary subjects
- Every year, the University organizes international meetings, conferences, colloquiums, forums, workshops
- Newton College participates in international exchange programs with 20 universities
- Successful students can apply for scholarships and grants
- University graduates are universal specialists who can work both in state structures and in private organizations.
Facilities and equipment at Newton College
The university consists of:
- Main campus
- Sports Hall
- Computer classes
- Assembly hall
- The dining room.
All structures of the educational institution are equipped with modern technology.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Newton College, you must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with translation into Czech
- Certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (IELTS - 6.0, PTE– 67, CPE - grade B, CAE - grade A, TOEFL - 75).
Applicants who are not EU citizens must obtain a residence permit in the Czech Republic and pay for health insurance before applying.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Newton College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.