Description of Norquest College
- Established: 1965
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Number of students: 18,381
- Students age: 17+
- Type of education: mixed
- Type of accommodation: student residences, apartments
- Language of instruction: English.
Norquest College is a community college located in the Canadian province of Alberta. For more than 50 years, the college has been accepting students from all over the world, offering comfortable learning conditions for everyone.
Community College offers a wide selection of programs:
- For applicants
- For continuing education professionals
- For people with disabilities.
And different forms of education:
The university invites students with established medical diagnoses related to speech, hearing, neurological problems, chronic heart diseases and pain, mental health problems. Facilities for people with disabilities include both academic and technical support for students:
- Assistive Technology
- Academic coaching
- Sign Language Translator Services
- Methodical help.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Norquest College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The college does not have its dormitories on campus, but offers assistance in finding suitable housing. For example, a residence in MacEwan University is popular:
- Step availability
- Comfortable conditions
- Rooms for 2-4 people.
- A wide selection of apartments near the university
- Ability to choose via the Internet
- Cost from 400 $ CAD to 1500 $ CAD for 1-2 local apartments.
Activities Norquest College
- Film screenings
- Cultural programs
- BBQ parties.
Facilities and equipment at Norquest College
- Computer centers
- Health center
- Educational buildings
- Student Center.
Admission dates and extra charges
- First semester: 3.09-18.12
- Second semester: 6.01-24.04
- Third semester: 4.05-21.08.
- 400 $ CAD = Non-Refundable Deposit
- $ 1000 CAD = Entrance deposit to study. Students who refused to study on the selected program 30 days before its start receive 50% of the cost of the program. If the student notifies of his decision in less than 30 days - the entrance deposit is not refunded
- 30-70 $ CAD per semester = Mandatory student fees after enrollment
- 25 $ CAD per semester = Registration fee
- Educational materials.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Norquest College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.