* MacEwan University
Description of MacEwan University
- Established: 1971
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Edmonton, Canada
- Language of instruction: English.
MacEwan University was founded in 1971 at the College. Grant McEwan is the highest public educational institution in Canada. The university offers more than 50 academic programs in the field of healthcare, social services, visual and theatrical art, business, criminal justice and communication. The educational institution is among the top 60 best universities in the country and is a member of the following associations:
- Alberta Association of Colleges & Technical Institutes (AACTI)
- Alberta Colleges Athletics Conference (ACAA)
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Canadian Colleges Athletic Association (CCAA)
- Canadian University Press (CUP).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in MacEwan University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides a hostel to its students on campus.
- The university offers distance learning and scholarship programs to its students.
- Most of the graduates are employed by profession.
Facilities and equipment at MacEwan University
The main building of the educational institution is located on the North Saskatchewan River in the Canadian province of Alberta in the city of Edmonton and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Entrance fee = 110 $ CAD
- Deposit = 200 $ CAD-10 000 $ CAD
- Cost of living in Edmonton = $ 980 CAD-1597 $ CAD / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document
- TOEFL iBt 76 / IELTS 6.0.
Some programs have specific requirements:
- Letters of recommendation
- Letters of Intent
- security check
- Volunteer work
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about MacEwan University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.