Description of Alexander College
- Established: 2006
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private university.
Alexander College is a higher education institution, opened in 2006 at the Department of Higher Education of British Columbia. The college consists of several buildings located in Burnaby and Vancouver. Tuition feees for first two years at Alexander College are significantly lower than at the university.
- Alexander College is part of the BCCAT Transfer System (British Columbia Council on Admissions and Transfer) international program, thanks to which students after 2 years of college can continue their studies at any university in Canada.
- Alexander College is accredited by the BC Quality Assurance Program (EQA).
- The main goal of the college is to provide students of different cultures and language abilities with the opportunity to improve the level of the English language and begin their studies at the university.
Today, studying is carried out in the following specialties:
- Business economics
- commercial activity
- English language
- Film studies
In 2006, Alexander College received the right to assign all students a degree in Associate of Arts Degree.
After graduation, students can receive postgraduate education in the following programs:
- Business administration
- international Business
- Human resources
- Creation of a new enterprise
- Supply Chain Management.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Alexander College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The college provide its students with comfortable hostels. Another way to accommodate students is through host families, the choice of which helps to determine the staff of the educational institution.
- Student support staff
- Small group size - up to 35 people
- When transferred to another college or university, the student counts all the passed disciplines
- Free extra and supportive classes
- Each teacher has a master's or doctoral degree.
Facilities and equipment at Alexander College
Campuses are located in two major cities in Canada - Burnaby and Vancouver. The Vancouver campus is located in close proximity to the ocean. In both cases, banks, shops, cafes, entertainment centers are located next to the educational buildings, and training and writing centers operate. Students have at their disposal vast libraries and spacious classrooms, science laboratories, and their own bookstores.
For the convenience of students, rooms and playgrounds are equipped in the fresh air for relaxing, picnics, outdoor games, lunches. High speed internet is available throughout.
Thanks to sports complexes with modern equipment, students are given the opportunity to devote time to sports.
Events and interactive clubs are regular practice. Through the forces of talented students, a gallery has been organized where their works are exhibited, student associations are active in their work, in which everyone can find a place.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in college is divided into four semesters:
- Autumn (September to December)
- Winter (January to April)
- Spring (from May to July)
- Intensive summer (from July to August).
Additional costs include the registration fee on admission.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Each applicant must provide a certificate of complete secondary education
- To enroll foreign applicants, a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language is required
- Applicant must be over 16 years old
- All applicants must pass profile exams depending on the chosen study program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Alexander College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.