Description of Yukon College
- Established: 1983
- Location: Yukon, Canada
- Language of instruction: English, French
- Number of students: 7000
- Type: state.
Yukon College was founded in 1983 on the basis of the Yukon Vocational Training Center, which has existed since 1960. In 2019, a bill was passed to transform Yukon College into Yukon University.
Particular attention is paid to international cooperation: the university is part of the international network of the University of the Arctic, it cooperates with the University of Alberta, the University of the Regina, the University of Alaska, etc.
In addition to the main curriculum, students have the opportunity to receive education in short-term courses in the following specialties:
- The study of sculptural forms
- Digital media
- Financial Accounting
- Computer Applications for Accounting
- Professional communication
- Math for life
- Anatomy and physiology
- Laboratory of Biological and Forensic Anthropology
- Globalization and the culture of capitalism
- Subarctic archeology
- Introduction to Astronomy
- Science of the universe
- The basics of biology
- The principles of biology, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Yukon College
- Large selection of long-term study programs and short-term courses
- Qualified teaching staff
- Opportunity to receive education remotely
- Modern, well-equipped auditoriums
- College prestige at country level
- Opportunity to participate in research activities
- Full student life.
Facilities and equipment at Yukon College
Yukon College is an educational institution that consists of:
- Campus Faro
- Whitehorse Campus Center
- Campus Teslin
- Campus watson lake
- Campus Mayo
- Campus River River
- Campus Carmax
- Campus Carcross
- Campus Old Crow
- Campus Afmdigut
- Campus Dawson City.
All campuses, which are united under the general name Yukon College, are equipped with modern technology. Classrooms are equipped with projectors, video equipment, interactive whiteboards.
On each campus, conditions are created for sports activities, creativity, self-education of students.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Enrollment for most programs at Yukon College means filling out an online application on the site - after that you need to wait for notification of enrollment, pay for tuition and arrive on campus. International students must confirm their language proficiency. Enrollment in some specialties involves submitting documents personally and passing the entrance examinations.
In order to enroll in the undergraduate program, in addition to the above documents, it is necessary to provide a certificate of general secondary education with a notarized translation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Yukon College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.