Multimedia University Malaysia
Description of Multimedia University Malaysia
- Established: 1996
- Location: Melaka, Malaysia
- Number of students: 25,000
- Language of instruction: Malay, English
- Type: private.
Multimedia University Malaysia was founded in 1996 and became the first private university in Malaysia to receive accreditation and permission for educational activities. The leadership carries out a strict selection among applicants, thereby maintaining the high level of the university in the international educational field.
MUM regularly holds high positions in the ratings of Malaysia and Europe:
- In 2018, entered the Top 200 universities of the world according to QS University
- For three years from 2015 to 2017 he received prizes in the fields of electrical engineering, electronics, computer technology.
In 2001, he won the Asia-Pacific Prize for the best applications for intellectual learning. In 2002, the MMU Multimedia Learning System (MMLS) was awarded the MSC Asia Pacific IT and Telecommunications Award (APMITTA). During 2004, the MMU received four awards from the Ministry of Education, namely: “The largest number of local students”, “Leadership in research and development”, “The largest number of accredited courses”, a special award in recognition of the overall achievement of the MMU.
With the opening of the Multimedia University in Malaysia, a new round in the development of information technology has begun. Since then, technological progress has gone far ahead, along with which training programs have been modernized and improved. School mission:
- Train, inspire, innovate
- To develop the desire for self-education throughout life
- Use intellectual curiosity to solve real scientific problems.
- Introduce technology into society and the economy.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Multimedia University Malaysia
Accommodation, meals, prices
All students who apply for accommodation for the first time in a student hostel will receive a place, but in the second year the satisfaction of the application will depend on academic success, sports achievements and participation in the life of the university.
There are 4 five-story dormitories on the campus, each with 250 rooms. Practiced placement of 2-3 people in the room. Each unit includes:
- Beds with mattresses
- Free Internet
- Table and chair
- Hair dryer.
Dormitories are divided into male and female.
- A large percentage of foreign students
- Yearly updated training programs
- Employment opportunities before graduation
- High school rankings
- Bright and active student life
- Modern equipment
- The opportunity to work on the development of information technology in Malaysia
- Internships and internships at world-famous companies
- A large number of modern university buildings
- Highly performing students can go exchange studies at partner universities.
Facilities and equipment at Multimedia University Malaysia
Multimedia University of Malaysia has three campuses located in Cyberjaya, Melaka and Johor. The latter was opened not so long ago - in 2013. The building houses the Department of Cinematographic Art, based in partnership with colleagues from the University of Southern California.
On the basis of the educational institution work:
- Research Management Center
- Center for Cooperation and Innovation
- Center for Enterprise Development.
All three campuses are equipped with computer, interactive and multimedia equipment. There are two libraries for students: standard and electronic.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in educational institutions in Malaysia begins in September, distance programs can be started year-round.
In addition, students pay meals, accommodation and registration fee. Students who do not approve the hostel application must include transportation costs in the budget.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Diploma of secondary education
- A-Levels or Foundation Certificate
- IELTS (5.5) or (6.0) / TOEFL (550).
- Completed Year of Undergraduate Programs
- Certificate of Practice
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 600.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Multimedia University Malaysia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.