Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
Description of Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
- Location: Berlin, Dusseldorf, Munich – Germany,
- Year of foundation: 2004,
- Number of students: more than 900,
- Language of instruction: German, English,
- Type: mixed.
Mediadesign Hochschule – University of Applied Science (MD.H UAS) is a private institution of higher education with more than 30 years of experience. The university was founded in 2004 on its campus in Berlin. In the same year it was recognized by the state and received the necessary accreditations for teaching bachelor's and master's programs in business, media, communications and design.
At the moment, the institution has three campuses in german cities: Berlin, Dusseldorf and Munich. The total number of students studying at them exceeds 900 people. Among the students there are quite a lot of foreigners who come to MD.H UAS for excellent knowledge and diplomas that can give huge opportunities at the start of their careers.
Until recently, all the programs of the university were taught in German, but today on the campus in Berlin, students can study in English.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
Accommodation, meals, prices
MD.H UAS does not have dormitories, students need to find a room, apartment or apartment on their own. Monthly accommodation in major cities in Germany costs from 300-450 €.
Activities Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
In each of the study areas, free one- and two-hour seminars are held for potential applicants and already enrolled students. Introductory lectures will show future students the content of the programs, and bachelors and masters of MD.H UAS will be able to expand their horizons, find interesting ideas and other approaches to creative tasks.
Throughout the academic year, teachers conduct a lot of various master classes and seminars on academic and social topics. Also, active specialists in creative fields are often invited to the campus: they share their experience and talk about the important stages that students will have to go through on the career path.
About once a year, a group of students travels to another country to study the culture, charitable and volunteer activities. For example, in 2020, students visited Jordan and Israel.
Outside of school hours, students have the opportunity to explore the architecture, culture and customs of Germany, visit famous sights, dine in panoramic restaurants and cafes, go to a sports match or to an art gallery.
- The programs are accredited by the Central Agency for Evaluation and Accreditation (ZEvA), the Scientific Council of Germany,
- Partnerships with media organizations,
- It is a member of the German Association of Private Universities together with more than 40 similar institutions,
- Tuition in German or English,
- Cooperation with four major universities from China, England, USA, Brazil.
Facilities and equipment at Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
The campuses of the university are located in favorite cities for tourists: Berlin, Dusseldorf and Munich. The infrastructure of the territories is not much different from each other, but all buildings have modern equipment, bright classrooms and technically advanced laboratories. There are also libraries and computer labs on campus where students can engage in self-study, work on projects, or relax.
Students are educated in art and digital studios, practice in computer classes and printing shops right on campus. The university is equipped with the latest technology to give students the best opportunities in development.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are two semesters in the academic year:
- Winter: October 1-March 31,
- Summer: April 1-September 30.
In the process of education, several weeks of holidays and weekends are organized in honor of international and national holidays. Depending on the chosen course, students are in classes about 40 hours a week, attending lectures and working on individual and group projects.
- Registration fee – 685€,
- Accommodation and meals off-campus – from 300€ per month,
- Personal spending.
Stages of admission:
- Filling out the application and providing the required documents,
- Payment of the registration fee,
- Passing the interview and (possibly) entrance tests,
- Waiting for an official invitation.
Before applying, prospective students are offered informational tours of the campus or an online introduction to the admissions office, staff, and educators.
Thanks to a wide network of cooperation with local organizations, more than 80% of MD.H UAS students get a job within six months of graduation. The university alumni team has more than 45,000 people.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
New students are admitted at the beginning of the winter semester. For admission, foreigners must provide:
- General certificate of completion of the previous stage of education (high school or bachelor's degree), transcripts,
- Personal documents: passport, health insurance, resident visa or residence permit,
- German proficiency test results: DHS I/DHS II or TestDaF 4,
- If the program is chosen in English, the results of the English-language test: TOEFL (PBT: 543/627, IBT: 74/95), IELTS (from 6.0), Cambridge FCE (from B2), PTE Academic (from 59) or certificates of completion of IB Diploma or A-Level programs.
Scholarships Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
MD.H UAS provides discounts on the following services:
- 5% with full payment at the beginning of the bachelor's degree program, 3% - master's degree,
- 3% when paying in installments before the beginning of the semester,
- 1% with full payment for the semester before it begins.
Predominantly German students are entitled to financial support under the BAFÖG program, there are additional conditions for foreign students. There is also an opportunity to take advantage of student loans under state programs, public and private scholarships based on financial distress or academic / extracurricular achievements.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Mediadesign Hochschule — University of Applied Science
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.