Manukau Institute of Technology
Description of Manukau Institute of Technology
- Established: 1970
- Type: higher education institution
- Location: Auckland, New Zealand.
Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) was founded in 1970 and is the institution of higher education in New Zealand.
The mission of the institution is to provide professionally oriented higher education, research and technology transfer that ensures that the Auckland economy, graduates, employers and communities have the opportunity and skills to realize their potential.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Manukau Institute of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides students with accommodation in the Student Village, which includes 14 fully furnished self-contained houses with nine single bedrooms, a shared living room and kitchen. Each house has two wings, both with toilet, shower and washing machine. The bedroom has a computer desk, wireless Internet, a single bed with linens and a wardrobe, for relaxation and convenience, each house has a living room with a TV and a common relaxation room, accessible to all residents.
- The University is in the top 20 of the best educational institutions in the country, taking 14th position in the ranking
- MIT gives students the opportunity to participate in scholarship programs
- The university is the first category educational services provider rated by the New Zealand Competent Authority (NZQA).
Facilities and equipment at Manukau Institute of Technology
The educational institution has 5 campuses located in Auckland:
- MIT Otara MIT's main campus, including North and South campuses
- MIT Manukau
- New Zealand Maritime School
- MIT Mangere.
The material and technical base of the university includes computer systems and its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Compulsory Student Services Fee (CSSF) $ 300
- The cost of living in Auckland $ 947 -1577 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document
- IELTS (Academic) 5.5-6.5 / TOEFL 525 (190) -575 (230) / TWE 4-4.5 / MIT ELP 6.0-6.5.
Some study programs may have higher entry requirements.
Candidates who do not meet the stated requirements can be considered individually.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Manukau Institute of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.