Magdalene College is the 7th oldest college of the world-famous Cambridge University. The educational institution has been working since 1428. Magdalene College is located in the center of the university city. It is part of the "backs," the five most famous colleges on the banks of the Kama.
The campus of the College is a symbiosis of antiquity and modernity. On the territory there are historical buildings of great architectural value (for example, Samuel Pips Library), and modern buildings, residences. In the college for a comfortable, effective studying there is everything you need. But this is not the only reason for its popularity with foreign students.
Magdalene College is a prestigious educational institution. Visiting summer courses here is an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with the British educational environment. The college has a classical student atmosphere at Cambridge University. The educational institution accepts up to 30 foreign students on vacation. At the lessons in small groups they can get acquainted with the subtleties of British education, become fully immersed in the language environment, develop communication skills.
Brief information. The course is designed for 2 - 4 weeks. The intensity of English is 16 hours / week. In addition, a wide range of interesting subjects is offered.
About the course. The program allows you to combine the study of English with academic training in various subjects. From the list the student chooses 2 disciplines. Attention students are offered: chemistry, architecture, politics, introduction to jurisprudence, international relations, philosophy, history, British poetry, many other subjects. In parallel, students can attend lessons in preparation for SAT, IELTS.
The cost is £ 1650 (in the indicated price everything is included, namely):
Accommodation is offered at the residence. Students of Magdalene College are provided with single rooms with amenities, Internet access during their studies. In the residence in common use there are rest rooms, a cinema hall. Laundry services are also available.
Meals are organized in the university canteen. Full board is available, including road lunches on sightseeing days.
In addition to academic part, students are offered an extensive extracurricular programs. Regularly organized quizzes, discos, film screenings, theme parties. The two-week course also includes 4 excursions. Three of them are for the whole day. During the excursions students of Magdalene College can visit the capital of the country with its famous sights, the University of Oxford, the old Canterbury, as well as the Vorwick Castle, the Anglesey Abbey, numerous British cathedrals, landscape and amusement parks.
Magdalene College offers morning, afternoon lessons. In the evening, an extracurricular program awaits the students.
The College has spacious classrooms. There are also self-studying and rest rooms, computer classes (all PCs with Internet access). On the territory of the students are available playing fields, playgrounds, tennis courts, squash courts.
In the indicated price for studying - £ 1400 everything is included:
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.