Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
Description of Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
- Founded: 1827
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Students age: 13 to 17 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: residence, full board.
Loretto Private School is one of the oldest and most prestigious boarding schools in Scotland. It is widely known for hosting the famous Golf Academy. Here is the oldest golf course in the world!
The territory of this school is located in the suburbs, only half an hour from Edinburgh. This makes it a great place to practice golf and English abroad during your summer holidays. Therefore, Loretto School BSC Summer will appeal to children and adolescents from 13 years old who like to have fun and have fun.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
Accommodation, meals, prices
During the summer educational program, Loretto School offers students accommodation in comfortable residences where teenagers are assigned to single rooms. The rooms have all the necessary amenities and furniture. The dormitories also have common lounges + a lounge for watching TV and DVD.
Students eat full board (three times a day) in the dining room of the school campus. The menu is varied, healthy and balanced. At field events, children are given a packed lunch.
Activities Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
In addition to English classes and golf for the participants of the summer camp, a cultural and entertainment program is thought out. In their free time, afternoon and evening activities for teenagers are held on campus (competitions, quizzes, parties) or field trips to the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh Castle or the Botanical Garden. Once a week in these places a full-day excursion is conducted.
Facilities and equipment at Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
The campus of Loretto School is located in the suburbs of Edinburgh, less than half an hour from it. By the way, Edinburgh Airport is closest in location. The area is 85 acres. This is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the beauty of the Scottish countryside. Since the famous and prestigious Golf Academy operates on the basis of the school, excellent conditions for playing golf are created here: these are large playing fields with artificial turf, as well as the necessary equipment.
Thus, the school infrastructure includes the following objects:
- Artificial landscaping fields
- Sports courts (tennis, netball, squash)
- Space for walking
- Hall for the arts (music, dance)
- Large landscaped and well-groomed area.
Admission dates and extra charges
A summer educational program runs from May 7 to August 8. Students arrive on Sundays, and classes start every Monday.
The cost of the course includes:
- Training program
- Full board accommodation
- Weekly entertainment
- 1 field trip per week
- Textbooks and additional materials
- Testing on the day of arrival
- Certificate of completion.
- Registration fee - 50 £.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 50 GBP
- Medical insurance 80 GBP
- Transfer (one way) 150 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Loretto School Summer Camp, candidates must meet several requirements:
- Age 13 to 17
- Knowledge of English from elementary to advanced level
- Basic or advanced golf skills (optional).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Loretto School Summer Kids Camp BSC
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.