Lancaster University Leipzig
Description of Lancaster University Leipzig
- Established: 2019
- Location: Leipzig, Germany
- Students age: from 18 years.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: state university.
Lancaster University is an English university in Leipzig and a branch of Lancaster University, UK, offering a wide range of educational programs. LU Leipzig provides the same academic quality and all-round student experience found in the UK.
The Leipzig branch has been approved by the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts. The campus is located in the heart of the city and accepts students from Germany, the EU and other countries.
Leipzig is located 90 minutes from Berlin, a large multicultural center with about 40,000 students.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lancaster University Leipzig
Accommodation, meals, prices
Leipzig offers a mix of public and private accommodation options located throughout the city - close to campus or downtown.
BaseCamp Leipzig is vibrant, colorful and welcoming - perfect for beginners. It offers a safe and supportive environment, a home away from home. BaseCamp Leipzig provides regular activities, 24/7 on-site support, a well-equipped gym, and a bike for every student.
Estimated costs (all included):
- Base studio, no kitchen (19-23 m²) - € 450 / month.
- Base studio, with kitchen (18-23 m²) - 495 € / month
- Studio (large), no kitchen (27 m²) - 565 € / month per studio, all inclusive.
BaseCamp offers 6 month contracts with an additional 6 month renewal option.
Activities Lancaster University Leipzig
The choice of arts and culture activities is wide: the opera, theater, and the Gewandhaus hold events that attract audiences from all over Germany. Leipzig has several independent cinemas and an alternative theater.
Leipzig has many opportunities for water sports: sailing, diving, windsurfing or rowing are available on one of the suburb's lakes.
- Studying at Lancaster is more than just a qualification: graduates leave the university with professional skills and confidence in the future.
- The university is engaged in teaching and research activities, develops the university's global reputation as a leading educational center.
- In the first phase of student development, the Leipzig campus offers four Lancaster University accredited undergraduate programs taught by the university and a Lancaster University accredited study program provided by Navitas.
- Foreign students in Germany have the right to post-graduate employment and the possibility of moving to permanent residence. Leipzig, a center for technology, innovation and global industry, offers job prospects and at the same time a low cost of living - an attractive bonus for international students wishing to stay in Europe after graduation.
- International, European, local students attending Lancaster University Leipzig have full access to counseling services throughout their trip. Whether it is social, financial or personal problems, there is someone here to discuss them with you, who will help you find a solution and support.
Facilities and equipment at Lancaster University Leipzig
There are 242 sports halls on the LU Leipzig campus, most of which are operated by the city and therefore available to everyone for a fee. This provides students with a great opportunity to meet friends, play sports, join a sports club or community.
Admission dates and extra charges
- International Foundation - January
- Undergraduate for International Students (student visa required) - July 15th.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The language of instruction at Lancaster University in Leipzig is English. The university accepts IELTS results (or their equivalents) required for admission, proof of knowledge of the German language is not required.
- IELTS Academic - 6.5
- TOEFL iBT - 87
- Pearson PTE Academic - 58.
Test results for admission to the International Foundation:
- IELTS Academic - 5.5 for 2 Foundation semesters, 5.0 for 3 Foundation semesters
- TOEFL iBT - 67 for 2 Foundation semesters, 60 for 3 Foundation semesters
- Pearson PTE Academic - 42 for 2 Foundation semesters, 36 for 3 Foundation semesters
- International Baccalaureate (IB) - 5 in SL English or 4 in HL English for 2 Foundation semesters, 4 in SL English or 3 in HL English for 3 semesters.
Scholarships Lancaster University Leipzig
LU Leipzig offers scholarships for prospective students who demonstrate a high level of achievement in high school (for example, A-Level or equivalent qualifications):
- A * A * A (IB 43) - 3000 € - the first year of study, 1000 € annually
- A * AA (IB 39) - 2000 € - the first year of study, 1000 € annually
- AAA (IB 38) - 1000 € annually
- AAB (IB 36) - 750 € annually.
Your application will be automatically reviewed for the scholarship as soon as you submit your application package online.
International Foundation applicants can apply for a one-time fee reduction of € 1,000.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Lancaster University Leipzig
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.