Philipps-University of Marburg
Description of Philipps-University of Marburg
- Founded: 1527
- Location: Marburg, Germany
- Language of instruction: German, English
- Number of students: about 26,000
- Rating in Germany: 26.
Marburg University is located in a small German city and is consistently included in the top 30 universities in Germany. The teaching staff is represented by more than 2100 specialists, including professors and doctors of sciences, the number of foreign students is about 8% of the total.
The University is one of the oldest and most famous in Germany: it offers current, up-to-date programs, and studies are conducted in research centers. The most important studies are related to the following areas:
- Natural conflicts
- Exploring the Near and Middle East.
Marburg University is respected among major employers: graduates can easily find prestigious positions in large companies, offer profitable exchange programs with other well-known universities in the world. The university is a member of the European University Association.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Philipps-University of Marburg
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are given a place in the residence: the cost is about 700 € per month, and you can eat in university cafes or in public catering facilities in the city.
Activities Philipps-University of Marburg
Students take part in creative and recreational activities, play sports. Marburg is a small town, so students will often meet familiar faces during their walks. The university pays a ticket, which gives the right to use not only public transport in Marburg, but also in some other cities and between them: for example, you can go on an excursion to Frankfurt.
Facilities and equipment at Philipps-University of Marburg
Apart from laboratories, research centers and academic buildings, the University of Marburg boasts an extensive library, computer classes, and sports facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in this university is divided into 2 semesters. Additional costs are small and related to leisure activities, mobile communications: you can easily meet the 100 € per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The selection committee voices the standard requirements: a package of documents, including a certificate from school or a diploma of previous higher education, passing entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Philipps-University of Marburg
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.