International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
Description of International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Year of foundation: 2014
- Number of students on campus: more than 350
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
The International School of Management (ISM) is a private higher education institution with state accreditation, specializing in the humanities, social and business sciences. The ISM Cooperation Network is one of the largest among such university networks, has more than 190 partner universities around the world.
The Cologne campus offers degrees in International Management and Finance.
Things to know about
- ISM supports the Treedom environmental project, which plants 2,000 trees in the Global Forest.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution does not have a student residence, but ISM staff can help in finding accommodation near campus.
Activities International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
In Cologne, there are many attractions for which tourists come from different parts of the world. The most visited, of course, are cologne cathedral, the famous carnival, the Hohenzollern Bridge, Zülpicher Street and much more. While studying in Cologne, students have the opportunity to see national parks, museums and historical monuments.
On campus there is a language center that organizes additional classes in English, Spanish, French and German.
Career and corporate events with guest speakers are held regularly on campus. Excursions and tourist trips are organized several times a semester.
ISM students have founded a lot of student clubs to date. Their diversity ranges from consulting and tourism to politics and finance, from music and creativity to sports games.
Students will not be able to miss any of the parties, as the student council pastes ads throughout the territory. Parties are organized mainly on Thursdays and accept all students regardless of the course and specialty. The event called "Mobile Dinner" is one of the most popular. Students gather in teams of several people, rent vans and build kitchens in them for cooking, snacks and desserts.
- More than 190 partner universities around the world.
- Development of language, intercultural skills.
- Intensive language education , internships, comprehensive stay abroad.
- One of the best private German universities.
- Top marks for international orientation and practical significance.
- One of the first private universities in the country, twice in ten years received institutional accreditation.
- All programs are marked with the quality mark of the Accreditation Council.
- 56 foreign lecturers in the teaching staff.
- About 76 nationalities from 180 countries among students.
Facilities and equipment at International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
The ISM campus in Cologne was opened in 2014. A distinctive feature of it is the location - the education takes place on the territory of the Cologne University of Applied Sciences, which is located in MediaPark, a short walk from the Hansaring railway station and next door to many strong organizations of different industries.
The campus is equipped with spacious lecture classes and laboratories for practice, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, a library with a reading room and much more.
Admission dates and extra charges
The length of the academic year depends on the chosen program. There are two semesters in the academic year: summer and winter. All students have holidays in winter and summer - on the days of national, international holidays.
- Preparatory Course of English – 360€
- Preparatory course in mathematics – 270€
- Entry fee – 1500€
- Dissertation fee – 1200€
- Deposit before arrival on campus – 3000€
- Semester ticket – 300€ per semester
- Accommodation, meals off-campus
- Transport, parking
- Books, consumables if necessary
- Personal spending.
In the admission process, those applicants who are best suited to study at ISM due to their abilities, motivation and personality structure are selected. The reception takes place in an online format on one day and is divided into two stages:
- Written tests to assess academic performance in mathematics and English
Foreign applicants who cannot confirm the B2 level in German must take German as a second foreign language. All other applicants must choose between French and Spanish. If they already have skills in one of these languages, they will also take a proficiency test.
- Personal interview – interviews with questions about career, professional and personal goals.
The results will be communicated to the applicant approximately two weeks after the interview.
On the official website of the institution you can find several stories of ISM graduates, which guarantee a good device in life after graduation.
- For example, tim Prüzener, who completed a bachelor's degree in financial management, founded his marketing company within a few years of completing his studies.
- Master's Mathias Hanschke joined Wilkinson Sword as a successful digital marketing manager almost immediately after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for applicants entering the bachelor's degree:
- Biography/resume, motivation letter
- High School Diploma
- Language level of at least B2 in German or English
- Copies of personal documents, certificate of work or internship if available
- Medical Insurance
- One digital photo.
The application must be submitted before July 15 for the autumn semester, until December 15 - for the spring semester.
Future Masters should be provided with:
- Bachelor's degree with transcript including at least 180 ECTS points
- Copies of personal documents, digital photography
- Motivation letter
- English language test results: TOEFL (at least 80 on iBT), IELTS (at least 6.0)
- Health insurance.
The application must be submitted by July 15.
Scholarships International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
Discounts for applicants:
- Early booking discount – save 1500€, if the contract is concluded before March 15,
- Last Call discount – save €500 if the contract is concluded before June 15.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic results and financial needs. In addition to a full scholarship lasting one semester, partial scholarships are also paid - a maximum of one academic year. Particularly talented and successful students receive 300€ per month through the nationwide Deutschlandstipendium program.
ISM cooperates with many organizations, including foundations. Students can apply to several of them to receive funding.
From the fifth semester of the bachelor's degree, as well as already studying masters, can get a loan for education.
ISM curricula are structured in such a way that exams begin immediately after the end of lectures. This gives students the opportunity to enroll in an internship or find a job to pay for further tuition.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about International School of Management (ISM) Campus Cologne
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.