Helsingin Yliopisto is the largest educational institution in Finland. Helsinki University is one of the oldest universities in the country, which was founded in 1640. Initially, he was in Turku, later he was transferred to Helsinki. This is an educational institution with a general education profile. He is a member of the "Utrecht Network" along with such institutions as the Bologna and Coimbra.
Helsingin Yliopisto has three faculties with the strongest research directions. The Faculty of Humanities rightfully takes an honorary place at the university and is its pride. The most popular programs of this faculty are:
The faculty of natural sciences is famous for its programs on agriculture and ecology. Scientists of this university conduct global studies of the Baltic Sea, including its biodiversity.
The most popular programs of the medical faculty, which are known for their developments, are: pharmacology, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
The educational buildings are located in the very center of Helsinki. The campus is divided into four parts, each of them is allocated to one of the four main faculties of the university. Near the educational buildings there is a national library and a museum of the university. For the convenience of students on campus are hostels, gyms, computer centers and buffets.
Helsingin yliopisto has produced many Nobel Prize winners, most often in the fields of literature, chemistry and physics.
Students from Helsinki University were 7 of the 11 presidents of Finland.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.