GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
Description of GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
- Founded: 1983
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Age of students: from 15 to 17 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence, full board
- Language: German.
The organizer of the summer school for the study of German language is the school GLS. This is one of the largest organizations that has been conducting German courses in Germany - the company has been operating since 1983. The educational center has several branches located in Munich and Berlin.
Over the years of educational activities, GLS School has achieved certain heights and received various awards and titles confirming the high quality of the services offered:
- A five-time British Star School award, which is awarded to educational institutions by Study Travel Magazine to the best organizations in a particular country.
- GLS Education Center is accredited by the prestigious international organization IALC.
About 60 teenagers from more than 30 countries of the world - Britain, Russia, America, France, Spain, Italy, Norway, Poland, Bulgaria and more - come to the international summer camp GLS Berlin City Center every year.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
For accommodation, students of the summer language school GLS Berlin City Center are offered rooms in a 3-star hotel on campus. Rooms for three people have all the necessary furniture and a separate bathroom (shower and toilet). Dining at the hotel is organized in full board three times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
For an additional fee, students can book for a stay of 2 or 1-bed rooms with similar amenities.
Activities GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
In addition to academic classes, the GLS Berlin City Center summer school program includes daily leisure and cultural activities, including sports or city sightseeing:
- Game evening
- Evening rest
- Bike ride
- Berlin Wall
- Museum Checkpoint Charlie.
Also, weekly excursions are organized for students for the whole day - for example, to the city of Potsdam or to Lake Wannsee.
Facilities and equipment at GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
The campus of the summer school of the German GLS Berlin City Center is located in the central part of West Berlin, where in just a few minutes you can reach the key attractions of the German capital - the Charlottenburg Palace (300 meters) or the Spree River (200 meters).
Admission dates and extra charges
An academic period at the GLS Berlin City Center summer camp runs from June 23 to August 11. Start of studying - every Monday.
The course price already includes:
- Hotel accommodation
- Full Board Meals
- Certificate of attendance
- Entertainment program - 2 events per day
- Excursion program - 1 event per week
- Transfer from the airport and train stations in Berlin on the days of arrival (on Sundays from 8 to 22 hours).
- Medical insurance
- Consular and visa fees
- Transfer out of schedule
- The cost of public transport
- Additional day.
- Transfer (one way) 80 EUR
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To get into the summer language school to learn German GLS Berlin Westend can teenagers from 15 to 17 years old, with at least an initial level of knowledge of German. The starting knowledge of each student is determined on the day of arrival with the help of special testing, the results of which further distribute into educational groups.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about GLS Berlin City Center Summer language camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.